8x50R Lebel by Kynoch 1925

One my friend presented me this piece of 8x50R Lebel
As I understand this cartridge was made by Kynoch for export.

Is it posible to identify who was the customer of such cartridges?

Probably Roumania.

Kynoch booked an order from Roumania (Kynoch Order No.Z340) on 31 December 1924 for 16,300,000 rounds of 8mm Lebel. The order included mixed “K”, “T” and “V” bullets, but has no explanation of these. I presume the “T” was tracer but cannot be sure.

Previously in October 1924 Kynoch had received orders from Roumania for 26,700,000 rounds of 8mm Mannlicher (Order Z280) and 8,000,000 rounds of 8mm Lebel (Order Z281)

Regards
TonyE

Thank you, TonyE

Great info!

This piece of case was founded in Ukrainian forest near Kiev, where sombedy some time burn a strange mix of ammunition. There where cartridges from Finnland, Romania, Russia, France, Great Britain, Germany, etc. reibert.info/forum/showthread.ph … 262&page=2

My friend found some Lebel bullets near this piece of Lebel case. May be his pictures can give us an answer what is it bullets K, T, V in Romanian order of 1924?

Pictures by Мося:

Thanks Treshkin, that is really interesting, now we know that the “T” is not tracer!

Since the bullets are all Balle D type and look very similar externally (except for the cannelure) perhaps the letters apply to production machines or similar. I will have a look at the drawings to see if I can find anything.

Regards
TonyE

Мося shows in #11 four 7,9 Mauser head stamps, two made for Spain in 38.

Are these also found in this Ukrainian forest near Kiev?

Also I see he shows a 1925 Kynoch 8mm Mannlicher with a European style berdan anvil. presumably that is from the order of October 1924 I mentioned in my previous post.

Regards
TonyE

[quote=“dutch”]Мося shows in #11 four 7,9 Mauser head stamps, two made for Spain in 38.

Are these also found in this Ukrainian forest near Kiev?[/quote]

Yes, all these topic at Reibert include cases found in one place near Kiev

But cases/cartridges of cladestine delivery to Spain is not rare here in Ukraine, generally

Please, look at the list of calibers, which was found Ukraine: reibert.info/forum/showthread.php?t=116794