9,3x57

Den mån 22 juni 2020 05:26WBD via International Ammunition Association Web Forum <cartridgecollectors@discoursemail.com> skrev:

Den mån 22 juni 2020 05:26WBD via International Ammunition Association Web Forum <cartridgecollectors@discoursemail.com> skrev:

Johan, Thanks for clarifying that and also the extra info.

The reason I was interested in the box contents is that I had not seen a 9.3x57 with a METALLVERKEN hs and it now appears that was not a 9.3x57 in that box, correct ?

Yes, I was interested in the dates as well. That 1945 box is the earliest Husqvarna or Norma date
(both have the same label style) that I have seen and it well imply that Norma was using that hs style (ie “NORMA X x YY” earlier than previously thought. The post-WW2 production of Norma Hunting ammunition was supposed to have began again c1947. I thought that the 1945 box may have had reformed 8x57 cases ? but you show it with the “NORMA 9.3x57” hs ??

I have not seen the 9.3x57 in any Normalised list or seen a 9.3x57 packet marked as such. This is probably not that much of a surprise as the 9.3x57 was much more popular in Scandinavia than in Germany. Only commonly used cases in Germany were “normalised”.

Thanks again for all the info… Brad

Hi Brad, please note that 1945 and 1949 cartridges, x57 and x62, have the same primer markings (NP). The box from 1952 has cartridges with larger NP markings. I got the boxes opened and can not tell for sure that they have original content, but it seems likely.

And yes there are some 9.3x57 Metallverken in one of the boxes.

Best regards Johan

1 Like

That’s great thanks Johan

Thanks for pointing out the two sizes of NP markings - that is not obvious.

Those NP primers appear to have been first used after WW2 and were only used for all Norma factory loaded cartridges up to about 1990 and evidently were never provided for sale. This should mean that if you have Norma cartridges with the “NORMA” or “NORMA Re” hs without an NP primer, then they are likely re-loads. For the “norma” hs, NP primers were used until c1990 and then blank primers after that.

Here some boxes (and samples) to your 2 shown headstamps of laquered steelcases…
Different laquer (one is more grey, the other more copperish colored)
Here the pics (greyish cases with :cncs-rn-bullets)

RWS aus 10er Box RS 9,3x57 N53O St Stahlhülse grau  BS ohne Punk-anders-t

and here the box from the coppertone laquered cases (Bullet gmcs),
and also the base marks of the gmcs-and the cncs-rn-Bullet:

the base mark of bullets:

the copperish steelcase:

and an other bullet type (with nonmagnetic flatnose GM-Bullet), same headstamp RWS with dot

and

From the flatnosed bullet type, I do not have a box, they where in the same convolut, I bought from the estate of an old hunter…

here some pics from an other caliber, the 9x57…no headstamp, fmj cncs bullet…but obvious DWM Made in the 20rd box:

PP

1 Like

hello
nice boxes
i had the chance to had a round of 9x56 manlicher lacquered steel (light greenish color) and “silver” color bullet with rounded led tip ,and a round of 9.3x57 with cooper and lacquered steel case with the same “copper” bullet on the picture above

Hi Peter, hope you get well soon.

Thanks again for all the great images and info !

Hi again Johan,

Can you please confirm what headstamp that cartridge shown with the “Fågeljakt” (Bird Hunting) load had. A close-up on that bullet would also be great.

Many thanks

Hi, please find some pics of the “Fågeljakt” (Bird Hunting).

Best regards Johan

Den tors 25 juni 2020 06:16WBD via International Ammunition Association Web Forum <cartridgecollectors@discoursemail.com> skrev:

Den tors 25 juni 2020 06:16WBD via International Ammunition Association Web Forum <cartridgecollectors@discoursemail.com> skrev:

Den tors 25 juni 2020 22:29Johan Ljungné <johan.ljungne@gmail.com> skrev:

That’s much appreciated Johan !!

Can you please show me what that label on the GECO box states "für vapen… äger … "

Hi, here is a pic of the bottom label, best regards Johan

Thanks Johan