9 mm Nahpatrone

9 para
green steel lacquered case,
black bullet with a white band in the middle
hstp 20 42 aux St+

Has somebody seen such a ctge ?
thanks
jp

How about a foto or scan? Would be nice to see what you mean.
I’m not sure, but I think Lew mentioned something like that some time ago.
Rolf

This one exists in a Polte drawing (dated 1942) and is designated “Pistolen-Nahpatrone 08 (Wolff)”.

An x-ray will reveal if it is a real one or a fake.

[quote=“EOD”]This one exists in a Polte drawing (dated 1942) and is designated “Pistolen-Nahpatrone 08 (Wolff)”.

An x-ray will reveal if it is a real one or a fake.[/quote]

I know that Alex

My question was : Has somebody seen such a ctge ?

JP

I first received these drawings over 20 years ago, and they were published in the IAA Journal some years back, including other versions of the Nahaptrone. I have never seen, or heard reported any actual specimen of the Wolff or any of the other Nahpartonen variations in this set of drawings, nor any of the prototype mE bullets that were also in the same set of Polte drawings i received and were published in the IAA Journal. The Journal Index on the IAA home page can tell you which Journal.

I do have a Swiss ball load from the immediate post WWII era with a heavy bullet. The jacket is identical to the normal Swiss ball load, but it has a lead “tail” on the bullet that looks just like the Wolff bullet tail, except of course, the Wolff bullet tail would be iron.

These drawings show how many variations there are out there and how few we actually have known examples. of course, many of these could be in collections, or dupes and never recognized. My bet is that the mE prototypes would only be recognized by weighing all the Polte 9x19mm loads from the late 30s, and I have not even done that for my own collection and dupes. It is like the DWM duplex load. At least one sample exists along with one of the test guns from around 1912, and there are undoubtedly other rounds here in the US. White & Munhill had at least a bullet when they did their book on autopistol cartridges. No way to identify it unless you weigh the cartridge and notice the extra weight.

Lots of stuff out there that we have not recognized!

Cheers,

Lew

[quote=“Lew”]I first received these drawings over 20 years ago, and they were published in the IAA Journal some years back, including other versions of the Nahaptrone.

Cheers,

Lew[/quote]

Hi Lew,
In fact most of the Polte, RWS and Mauser drawings were found at Mauser factory by French army.
I think they haven’t kept only drawings at the factory but also samples of the trials they have made.
Therefore if strange ctges have survived there is a good chance you will find them in France rather than in other countries.

I am still looking for DWM and Polte shotshells drawings!
The new lot I received has military ctges, and also rim fire ctges, and even sporting ctges !!! But no shotshells drawings !!! Grrrrrrr!!!
Somebody has them I am sure

PS: Lew, send me the numbers of the 9 para drawings you already have.
I will perhaps find some you still don’t have.

PS : Brad D., same thing about the sporting ctges

JP