9 para 44 dnh green primer?

Good morning
I wanted to know if anyone knows why the primer in these cartridges is green

in Italy have been found several, all with headstamp 44 dnh of different lots
some ideas?
thanks
Giovanni

The photos of your headstamps are not visible on the Forum, but this is probably a proof load. I have dnh proof rounds with the green primer, both lot 3 and 7 of 1944. I have the box for lot 3 in my collection so there is no question these are proof loads. My lot 7 has a GM color mE bullet while my lot 3 has a black mE bullet like the round you illustrate.

Usually these proof loads have all green base, but dnh apparently only colored the primer.

What lots do you have. I would be interested in documenting them.

Nice item.

Cheers,
Lew

Hello
Now the images are perfect
the lots are as described by Lew
The cartridges were without powder, so I do not know if they had a standard loading

the lacquering is a different color and, in my opinion, made with different type lacquer / paint
I apologize for my bad english
Giovanni

Giovanni, Your two are identical to mine. These appear to be the only two dnh proof loads from 1944, since I have seen quite a number and all have the same two lot numbers, and the two different green colors. No question these are proof loads.

Cheers,
Lew

Hi Lew
You are amazing
Giovanni

Ciao Giovanni - Spero che tutto va bene per tutti i nostri amici Italiani a questo momento. In la mia colezione, ho due cartucce de prova da “dnh” e anche le due sono lo stesso, lot 3 e 7.
Scrivi l’inguese bene, Giovanni, cosi non ha paura. La scrive meglio che io posso scriver l’Italiano.

I have the same two proof cartridges in my own collection, both the same as yours, lots 3 and 7.

My best wishes to you and all the good fellows of the Italian Association.

[quote=“Lew”]Giovanni, Your two are identical to mine. These appear to be the only two dnh proof loads from 1944, since I have seen quite a number and all have the same two lot numbers, and the two different green colors. No question these are proof loads.

Cheers,
Lew[/quote]

Can show the box label of lot #3.

I note one of the bullets is darkened; are they both of the iron core type? Jack