9 x 18mm Makarov By MaxxTech, 2019 Dated Headstamp

Photos posted on the Reibert Info Forum by ‘Prokhor cat’:

Untitled

Untitled

9x18%20maxxtech

Brian

I hope this turns up here. Totally new headstamp, even to style. Totally new to me. It is surprising how much of this ammunition is still in production at so many factories and for commercial purposes. This one in the picture is one of the crudest-looking cartridge heads I think I have ever seen, but then, that does not lessen it for a collection. It is what it is.

I am having trouble keeping up with this Caliber, which some years ago, I thought would rapidly become a dead issue. It is actually one of my two favorite calibers for collecting.

John Moss

In terms of crudeness of headstamp, this is typical for the quality of headstamp coming from Pobjeda Technology. I had a bunch of 9mm from a few years ago that was a mess in terms of headstamps.

Hi DK! Yes, the headstamp itself is crude. However, it is the incredibly poor quality of the head of the cartridge case itself that I find rather shocking, especially for a company that in the past, has produced quite decent .22 RF ammunition. I don’t know if they make their own brass or not - I assume they do - but if not, they need to dump the company that does make it.

Now, that said, where do I buy a box?! Quality of no concern for a collection. Some stuff I wouldn’t pull a trigger on is still very interesting, perhaps because of its crudity.

John Moss