9 x 19 sr

I have a couple of 9 x 19 rounds whose headstamp I am not able to identify:

The headstamps are:

(9x19 SR MEN04M0503) GM bullet with black plastic tip.
(9x19 SRA4 DAG08K0818) brass bullet with yellow plastic tip.

Any help would be appreciated.

The “SR” should stand for “Schadstoffreduziert” means that environmental harmfull components got reduced to a minimum or were not used at all (mainly lead). In short it is “green” ammo.

The “A4” is the “Action 4” cartridge and the black one should be the “Action 5”.

[quote=“EOD”]The “SR” should stand for “Schadstoffreduziert” means that environmental harmfull components got reduced to a minimum or were not used at all (mainly lead). In short it is “green” ammo.

The “A4” is the “Action 4” cartridge and the black one should be the “Action 5”.[/quote]

Then I understand that both MEN and DAG load Action bullets?

Well, if the tip is dark blue instead of black it is a QD-PEP (and no Action 5), that would fit MEN much better then.

Here’s a great link to MEN’s line of 9x19mm loads (along with a few other calibers) with downloads for each round in PDF format:

ruag.com/Defence/Ammunition/ … Factsheets

[quote=“LeonGeisler”]Here’s a great link to MEN’s line of 9x19mm loads (along with a few other calibers) with downloads for each round in PDF format:

ruag.com/Defence/Ammunition/ … Factsheets[/quote]

LeonGeisler, the webpage you quote is from the swiss Ruag company, not from MEN.
The MEN page (on police ammo) is

elisenhuette.de/men/cms/uplo … police.pdf.

It’s interesting to see in the MEN catalog an AP 9 mm cartridge with tungsten carbide core, labeled as “Convincing penetration power (personal protection category 1+), good massive immediate effect”. The round is the 9 mm x 19, 5.7 g AP
(DM91).

elisenhuette.de/men/cms/uplo … ary_gb.pdf

[quote=“schneider”][quote=“LeonGeisler”]Here’s a great link to MEN’s line of 9x19mm loads (along with a few other calibers) with downloads for each round in PDF format:

ruag.com/Defence/Ammunition/ … Factsheets[/quote]

LeonGeisler, the webpage you quote is from the swiss Ruag company, not from MEN.
The MEN page (on police ammo) is

elisenhuette.de/men/cms/uplo … police.pdf.[/quote]

My Bad. Thanks forthe correction.