9mm ammunition manufacturer?

Can someone please help with the identificatoin of the manufaturer of this ammunition? Thanks

035e9e58

The manufacturer of that ammunition is Aguila (Industrias Tecnos) of Mexico. This headstamp exists in .45, .40 S&W and 9 mm Parabellum. It was found primarily mixed in boxes with the standard AGUILA headstamp, sometimes just one, sometimes more. For whom and why the headstamp was made is, as far as I know, a mystery.

Now 4n6xammr - if you have any of this, please do not shoot it. It has been very hard to find, especially in 9 mm Para. Very few collectors have a specimen in their collection, including me. I would happily purchase one or trade “shooting ammunition” for one if you are not a cartridge collector, or trade other rounds for one if you are. Sometimes these headstamps show up only for a heartbeat, and then disappear, all shot up with few preserved in collections.

If this was not found in an Aguila box, can you you please tell us where it was found? If in another “brand’s” box, and full of these, can you let us know that as well, and picture the box.
It may help us discover for whom this headstamp was designed.

All three of these calibers were found mixed with commercial Agulia headstamps a year or two ago. I think there is a previous posting on the Forum. I was told by a very good authority that this is a headstamp used in Agulia for “internal production”. This individual was very surprised and a bit concerned that it had shown up in commercial production.

I found one 9x19mm in 1000 rounds of Agulia commercial ammo, and also acquired a few of the 40S&W rounds and some fired cases. I have only ever seen photos of the 45 ACP. I was told it also showed up in the same time-frame on 38 Special but have no confirmation of this

Nice find. If you’d like to part with a few of these, let me know. I like them for a few friends.

Cheers,

Lew

Thanks John and Lew for the information. Unfortunately I cannot release the ammunition but using the information we will be trying to obtain more of it for comparison. If I am able to find a source I will definately let everyone know.

Great!!! Thanks.

Lew

The images on this thread were lost so I decided to repost the essence of the thread and the outcome and the images.

Recently IAA member Leon Geisler spotted a new headstamp on Glock Talk. A shooter was upset because he had ordered some Agulia 40 S&W ammo through Ammo-To-Go on the internet and had received a batch of ammo with a strange new headstamp with five stars across the top. The headstamp was also reported on 45 ACP ammo Agulia ammo from Ammo-To-Go. On the off chance that it also occurred on 9mmP, I made arrangements to look through 1000 rounds of Agulia, half 124gr ball and half 117gr Hollow Point. In the full 1000 rounds I found exactly one round with the 5 star headstamp. I managed to obtain a few fired cases in 40 S&W with the same headstamp. I was unsuccessful locating the shooter who had the 5 star headstamp in 45 ACP.
The headstamps are:

Subsequently I was at the Shot Show and asked about this round at the Agulia booth. They disclaimed any knowledge but eventually got on older man from in the back and when I showed him my images he chuckled and told me that this headstamp was used for in house loads at Agulia and should never show up in a box but clearly somebody tossed some cases into the commercial case barrels.
Eventually I turned up a partial box of 40S&W from a dealer who had boxes returned by an unhappy buyer. Still have only seen or heard of the one loaded 9mmP.

Cheers,
Lew

Lew, thanks for the update.

Regards,

Fede