9mm Flobert Special Purpose Cartridge?

I got this 9mm Flobert a number of years ago. When I got it, it came with a story which I have long forgotten. It is basically a 9mm Flobert new primed empty (Cartoucherie Francaise) with a red heavy paper sleeve around the base.

rim: 10.39mm
Base: 9.22mm (with paper sleeve)
Length:29.7mm

Is it real or just something some one put together? If it is legit what was its purpose?

Thanks

Paul

Paul
is the sleeve removable? If so what’s under?
Is the shell loaded?

Hi Paul.
I bought one of these years ago and at that time it was described as a cannon primer (French). There was no information with it other than the verbal description from the seller. Perhaps JP or Phil Mention would know more.

Cheers,
Will.

Greetings,

Pete, the sleeve is friction fitted and can be removed. The case and sleeve are empty, just a NPE.

Will, now that you mention a cannon primer that vaguely rings a bell. I got this a number of years ago at the Chicagoland Show. Maybe we got them from the same person.

Paul

Here is the box.

I don’t know exactly what is it, but I think it is for french mortar training device.

chassepot

delcampe.net/page/item/id,10 … age,F.html

Chassepot and JP thanks for the replies.

JP can you supply any additional information on the device shown in the link, it’s purpose, how it works etc?

Thanks
Paul

hello Paul
No idea
All i have are the pictures of Delcampe

jp

Yves, great box, thanks for the picture.

I can add that S.A.M.I.C. stands for Société d’Appareils de Mesures Industrielles et de Contrôle.

Regards,

Fede