9mm Full Patch

Some 9mm ammunition was recently discovered in the house of a deceased SOE operative. Am I right in thinking that Full Patch just means FMJ or is it somthing else?

[quote=“Buster”]Some 9mm ammunition was recently discovered in the house of a deceased SOE operative. Am I right in thinking that Full Patch just means FMJ or is it somthing else?

[/quote]

Full patch = Full metal jacket. M. Rea

The term is a Hangover from the BP Lead Bullet Paper-Patched days…
FMP Full Metal Match became “Full Patch” and then the FMJ common today. ( Usually ignored nowadays on Military ammo.)

“Full Patch or F-M-P” was still used by Winchester on Commercial Conract (Export) Military ammo in the 1950s ( Indonesia, Israel, etc).

Regards,
DocAV

I was lucky at SLICS and obtained a copy (an original copy) of the 28 Feb 1941 British memo of agreement (read contract) with Winchester for the production of 9mm and 45ACP ammunition. In that document the label with “Sub-Machine Guns” is called out, but the document also states that the label with “Full Patch Cartridges” may be used on the initial ammunition produced. To me this means that the “Fuyll Patch” labels were those used on the initial British production and perhaps also on the earlier “Swedish” ammunition (actually produced for Finland) which was bought by the British. There may be more answers as I get into the material.

Cheers,
Lew