9mm Glisenti Dummy

IAA members had a treat the last magazine issue with John Moss’s fascinating article on the 9mm Glisenti cartridge. I’ve had a Glisenti dummy in my collection for a while that did not appear in his piece. It is well-used, with a brass jacket and an S M I 18 headstamp. Any comments on it would be appreciated.
This will also be my first attempt at posting pictures.
Keep any comments on that to yourself;)

Jon, This style is consistant with an unheadstamped dummy I have.

Thanks.
I guess I would describe it as an “Undocumented” or “Armorer’s” dummy. I was happy to get it and have it in my collection. It’s an interesting variation in a caliber with relatively little variation.

Jon - I am surprised that this dummy round doesn’t have a single hole in the case, but there is absolutely no reason, in my opinion, to believe that it is anything but legitimate. Sometime when you have time, try those photos again. Were they taken on film or a digital camera? I would like to get good photos of the head and the cartridge. You could send them to me by email if you are using a digital camera. They need to be exposed a little better, and focused a little better. Thanks for posting what you had though - they are certainly adequate for identification, and better than any I could do. I just would like to add better ones to my Glisenti files in case I ever need to write an update to that article, or use the article as a chapter in a book on 9mm rounds. Thanks for posting the information.

John Moss

Everyone’s a critic!

No problem John. I’ll have my son do it, he’s much better with a digital camera than I am. After the first shot I tried some white-out, but the condition of the base didn’t help.
Know what, I’ll try a scan. Maybe that will come out clear.

Here goes nothin’. I tried a scan. Not great, but I could enlarge it a great deal. Is it possible for others to enlarge this, once posted?

[quote=“Jon C.”]Here goes nothin’. I tried a scan. Not great, but I could enlarge it a great deal. Is it possible for others to enlarge this, once posted?

[/quote]

Jon,

Some scanners have the facility to run a preview, then select a smaller rectangular area to zoom in on (effectively cropping the scan) and then running the proper scan. This produces really good images on my Epson 1260.

gravelbelly