9mm Luger case IDs

The following 9mm luger cases came from the same bag of odd cases I mentioned in the 9mm Browning long thread. The first is a brass case stamped “S-41 9mm”, the secong is A brass case stamped “* 1 51 -” there is also a character which is a small circle with an arrow coming off one side. The third is a brass-plated stell case with a 4 segment headstamp with a crown at 12 O’Clock, then “42” with each number either side of the primer, and “M” at 6 O’Clock. Am I right in thinking that the third case is Danish?

#1 is Finnish, Sako I think.
#2 is Czech.
#3 is Danish.

Thanks, I take it the Czech one is S&B, and the Danish one is Harens with that funny A/E thing.

Shouldn’t be #3 be Swedish?
If brass plated steel case it is an experimental case which was used for blanks later on.

I looked at the headstamp guide, No. 3 is Swedish. The Finnish one has been fired recently, as it has the distinctive firing pin strike of a Glock.

Falcon - your 9mm case with the mark of a circle with an arrow sticking out of it was made by the firm of Pov

Thanks. I have already checked the Swedish 9mm with a magnet, and it sticks. I thougt was steel because it had rust on the inside.

These Swedish steel-cased rounds are interesting. The one with the crown could, perhaps, be called experimental as EOD says, although they show up pretty often for a true experimental cartridge (NO, they are NOT common, however). Steel-cased ammo did reach substitute-standard level though. The later “M” headstamped rounds have an “E” at the top rather than a crown. I have the 50-round box for these rounds, and it is labeled “9 mm skarpa patroner m/39 E” which I believe is in the plural since it refers to the contents (50 cartridges). There is an admonition on the bottom of the label which says "F

OOPS!
Sorry on the Danish/Swedish goof. It was pre-coffee and I saw the word Danish in the post above and…