9mm Luger like you've never seen before! =)

Many years ago, a Texas man named, Andy Botlick (he is since deceased,) who mas a maker of extremely miniature firearms had the vision to make a 1/10 scale 9mm UZI. He had it mostly completed when he asked IAA (and fellow Miniature Arms Collectors and Makers Society) member, Charlie Williams to create a functioning round for it. Charlie had previously made many other working cartridges for his miniature guns.

Charlie worked for months perfecting the best way to do it and ended up making 10 cartridges. 7 of the cartridges were not drilled to accommodate a primer and were left with just the flat brass base. 3 were made with a miniature primer made just for this cartridge.

Of those 3 one was fired in the mostly finished gun to prove the proof of concept, one is kept in the maker’s personal collection, and the last is now mine and on display in these pictures (and nestled securely in my personal collection.) Hopefully I can soon buy a macro lens to get better close ups.

As for the non-primed ones, 3 of the non-primed ones were given to Andy, and the last four are in the maker’s personal collection.

I believe this to be the world’s smallest live, fireable 9mm Luger cartridge.

Also contained in this picture is a headstamped 1/4 scale 9mm Luger non-primed case also made by Charlie Williams (notice the “WW” logo for Wemco-Williams)

Profile Image of 9mm, 1/4 scale 9mm, and 1/10 scale 9mm

Base of the 3 cartridges, here you can just barely make out the existence of the primer on the 10th scale.

Scan of the bases, you can more easily see the primer (maybe even world’s smallest primer!) on this one.

Great stuff!!! Thanks.

When were these produced?

Lew

[quote=“Lew”]Great stuff!!! Thanks.

When were these produced?

Lew[/quote]

I am not sure on exact date but I would imagine that it’s been at least 10, 15 years or so.

It had been long enough that Charlie had completely forgot about making them until we found them.

That is really neat. I bet working with such small items is tedious!

As I read your post it occurred to me… is the below an oxymoron? :-)

[quote=“RichMiranda”]That is really neat. I bet working with such small items is tedious!

As I read your post it occurred to me… is the below an oxymoron? :-)

Yeah, I was thinking about that with some of my miniatures; would this be categorized as a “miniature 9mm” cartridge, or would it be it’s own thing and be categorized as a “0.9mm cartridge” and the 1/4 scale as a “2.25mm cartridge?”