9mm Para EP hst from Peru

Try to find out who made this case.
Any help appreciated.

Rgds
Dutch

Dutch,

See ID 9 mm Parabellum EP

Made by CBC for the Peruvian Army (EP = Ejército del Perú) per Fede.

Brian

@ bdgreen, Thanks.

I can confirm it came from Peru-my fired case came from an official source there. Sure looks like a CBC headstamp but they could have been using CBC equipment. This could have been made by Santa Barbara in Ecuador which does use CBC equipment and their headstamps look CBC made.

I have only seen this headstamp in the 2000 date illustrated and if there are no other dates, it was probably a contract load or at least a contract case.

Fede, Do you have a box label or other documentation of CBC manufacture-if so I sure would like a copy for my records.

Cheers,

Lew

I know very little about small arms ammunition, especially their head-stamps, but the letters and numbers appear to be raised vs indented/stamped on this specimen. Is that unusual?

Jason

[quote=“APFSDS”]I know very little about small arms ammunition, especially their head-stamps, but the letters and numbers appear to be raised vs indented/stamped on this specimen. Is that unusual?

Jason[/quote]

Jason,

That is an optical illusion (or dellusion!) caused by the direction of the light. If the incident light comes from below the scan/photo then your brain interprets the shadows as raised lettering. Sometimes, if a freshly scanned headstamp looks raised like this, you can rotate the case 180 degrees, re-scan it, and then turn the image up the other way on your computer - voila, it’s fixed!

gravelbelly

My eyes were playing tricks on me! Thanks :-)

Jason

Lew, the identification was provided by a contact in Peru but for the moment I don’t have any documentation or picture of the box so I have to admit that I can’t assume this is 100% correct. I’ll see what I can do to find some documentation or picture to confirm this fact.

Note that primer cup is marked with a “V” anti-reload symbol used by CBC since 1992.

Fede, I missed that symbol. I just reexamined mine (which is also dated 00)and there is no evidence of a V on the primer. Interesting.

Lew

What is the meaning of “V”, “C” or “0” on the primers used by CBC?
“0” = Lead Free?
JMG