9mm Swedish practice?

The seller of the following told me it was “Swedish 9mm gallery practice steel ball, breaks up on impact”. The headstamps are 59 26;63 070; 59 K; 63 027;64 070;58 26;57 K; 62 K; 61 K; 57 26; 60 K; 59 K; 55 K; 55 27; 64 026; 70 070; 69 070;56 K. The stripper clip itself has “056”. Why are these clips connected to each other? Also, what’s the best way to remove rust?

The full contents of one of these clips equals the total magazine capacity of the Carl Gustaf M45 K’Pist. That is the famous Swedish “K” gun. The charging tool for the magazines looks sort of like an open sided, T-Handle detonator box - the kind you see in the movies when they are detonating a load of dynamite by pushing down the handle. I don’t know the technical names for this stuff. Out of my interest. Once one tear of the clip has been emptied into the magazine by pushing the handle down, the handle is lifted again, the clip pushed over one, and the procedure repeated until such time as the clip is empty and the magazine is full.

I take rust off by first soaking the clip in oil for awhile, and then wiping it off, reoiling the rust portions with enough that you can see the oil, and working on it with fine steel wool. The oil prevents scratching or blue removal, and still allows the steel wool to cut away the rust. Where the rust is, the blue will probably come up with it, or has already been eaten through by the rust, actually. Nothing to do about that. I am sure that there are other methods, but this has worked well for me, with no damage to anything, for 50 years, and I have work over some pretty fine guns with this method.

However, this ammo and these clips are so common, I would just look for a nice one.

Just a quick note. The bullet does not break up on impact. The plastic bullet breaks up when passing through the blank firing adaptor illustrated above by SDC. Only the 4mm steel ball continues on to the target.

And what may happen if one fires such a round from a Glock or something not specifically designed for it?

Vlad,

At one time, I had 5,000 rounds of the blanks on stripper clips, sent to me by a friend from Denmark. that was about 35 years ago. I fired some to see what would happen. The blank is identical to the gallery round, except the solid plastic bullet is red, rather than black, and had no steel ball in the nose. It is fired in the barrel (show in those pictures posted) with that additional muzzle attachment. Firstly, the blank, without even the steel ball, would, at point blank range, penetrate 1/4" plywood. Second, when fired from a good quality pistol (FN Browning HP Mark III) at 25 yards, they were wildly inaccurate. At very close range, fired without the muzzle attachment in a normal K’pistol barrel, the bullet could be lethal. It is meant to be turned to red plastic dust by the combination of the tapered bore and the muzzle attachment for the blank-firing barrel. The Gallery load is fired without the muzzle attachment, but in the blank-fire barrel and the exit bore diameter is compatible with the steel ball, making the balls accurate enough for indoor firing at close range on silhouette targets in an SMG.

In a friend’s regiment in Sweden, during training, they had a fatality with the blank. A soldier forgot to change his barrel and the one shot he fired (the gun will not work automatically with blanks fired in the normal barrel) went through the eye socket of an “attacking aggressor-force” soldier and killed him. A real tragedy, brought about by what I consider a very dangerous and ill-advised training apparatus.

I any army, these things have to be designed down to the lowest common denominator!