9x19 A AI headstamp

I have this 9x19 round made by Artillerie-Inrichtingen.

I have also 7,62x51 Blank cartridge with the close headstamps, with letters A and B

What does letter A mean in this headstamp?

Good question! The only answer I can offer is that I don’t know. I looked at the AI boxes I have in the collection and all have the A AI headstamp code, but the lot number or other information on the box (they are all military) has only “AI”. I don’t know of any boxes from this manufacturer which use “A AI” on the label.

Perhaps Harrie or one of our other Dutch collectors can help.

Cheers,

Lew

Think it is the same as in the UK

a = Mk1
b = Mk2

Rgds

When the AI factory changed the construction drawing of the cartridge there was a amendment and then the cartridge became a application on the headstamp A or B
By the 9x19 cartridge’s they are only known with A
By the 7,62x51 , .303 and 30-06 cartridge’s there also exist C,D and E

hope this help

gyrojet

treshkin

your cartridge is it a brass one?? and can you please make a pict of the cartridge

Gyrojet,

I have never seen the “B” version of the 9x19mm AI headstamp.

Anyone,
If you have “B” version(s), please post picture(s).

Cheers,

Lew

[quote=“gyrojet”]treshkin

your cartridge is it a brass one?? and can you please make a pict of the cartridge[/quote]

Yes, 9x19 has the brass case. I can make a picture of this cartridge only at week end, because I give this cartridge to my friend. Tommorow I will place a picture with my Dutch 7,62x51 cartridges Ai headstamped.

[quote=“gyrojet”]When the AI factory changed the construction drawing of the cartridge there was a amendment and then the cartridge became a application on the headstamp A or B
By the 9x19 cartridge’s they are only known with A
By the 7,62x51 , .303 and 30-06 cartridge’s there also exist C,D and E

hope this help

gyrojet

Thank a lot for this info! Do you know what was changed - case design, material of components, primer, etc?

Here are some pictures which I promised to show yesterday. The Dummy cartridge made from live round has mark B and datted 1958, another two blanks datted 1963 and 1964 has mark A