9x19 by Dynamit Nobel

like to show this brochure from Dynamit Nobel

Is it just me, or do the first two cartridges show a boxer primer in a berdan case?

AKMS

Good eye!

I don’t have my notes, but I think that this is one of the PEP rounds and it uses a Boxer primer with 2 flash holes in the case.

Paul

What happened to the RUAG name?
Soren

[quote=“mausernut”]What happened to the RUAG name?
Soren[/quote]

Soren, this catalog must be pre-RUAG.

[quote=“PaulSmith”]
I don’t have my notes, but I think that this is one of the PEP rounds and it uses a Boxer primer with 2 flash holes in the case.

Paul[/quote]
Is there any reason for this?

I suppose it could possibly so you can’t easily reload the brass. This then forces you to buy new factory ammunition. I’m surprised more of the manufacturers didn’t think of this before now.

The catalogs shown are dated 1/2000, and are pre-RUAG. I have originals of these sheets as well as a couple for the 7.62 x 51 mm cartridge, but the date is visible in the pictures posted to start this thread.

The two Berdan holes gave a better ignition and powder burning.
The ammo is more accurate - A GECO theory and in case of 9mm
Para it might be proofen and reality.
Reloading the 9mm is always tricky and the round is very sensitiv
about a rough flashole and bullet setting depth.

[quote=“JohnMoss”]The catalogs shown are dated 1/2000, and are pre-RUAG. I have originals of these sheets as well as a couple for the 7.62 x 51 mm cartridge, but the date is visible in the pictures posted to start this thread.[/quote]I keep telling my damn eyes to look for dates and other useful info, but all they see is cartridges…
Soren