9x19 for Sil. Tools

I don’t expect to get any reply on this but will try any, if for no other reason than to document the round

This cartridge came out of a very old collection in New England. The headatamp is “W.R.A. 9M-M” but the bullet is silver color and looks like it is perhaps chromed. The primer is copper and is the only copper primer I have seen with this headstamp. I believe it must be a reload since the rim is worn.

The interesting thing about the cartridge is the note “SPc. Load for Sil.Tools”. I think this must mean special load for Silver Tools. There is a company (specialized machining) in Ohio named Silver Tools but it was not established until 1984.

Does anyone have thoughts about this round or know of a Sil. Tools???

Cheers,
Lew

Lew, I don’t know nothing about this cartridge, but I think that it may say: “Special Load for Silenced Tests”. Can you tell us the total weight?

Regards,

Fede

Fede,
That is a good thought! The overall weight is 181.1gr so it is likely a 115gr bullet. Still could be a silencer. I have a green tip Israeli with no headstamp which is reported to be a silencer load. I have looked closely and I think it is “Tests” and not “Tools”

Many thanks for the suggestion. I will see if I can chase this down.

Cheers,
Lew

Lew, thanks for the additional information.

Regards,

Fede