9x19 headstamp question

While sorting range pick-up brass I found a 9x19mm with the following headstamp: “A-MERC 9mm RH”. I know who “A-MERC” is but what does the “RH” stand for???

AKMS

A-MERC RH headstamps

AKMS, This is a new headstamp to me. Can you post a photo for our records??? I assume it is a 19mm case.

Thanks— Lew

While i have not seen this headstamp before, the letters “RH” dealing with pistol ammunition are usually in context with fragible cartridges, and mean “Reduced Hazard.” I tried to call A-Merc a minute ago, but their technician who could answer this question was out and will not be back until next Wednesday.

John Moss

Here is the headstamp in question:

AKMS[/img]

Here is 2 new headstamps for me:

First one is from new Finnish police (Fiocchi TMJ) training ammo, but second is unknown load.

Did anyone ever figure out what “RH” in the AMERC headstamp means???

AKMS

Educated guess: ‘Reduced Hazard’.

From their website:

"Frangible Projectiles-Lead Free, Frangible, Reduced Hazard projectiles from Sinterfire, Inc., the International leader in the filed form the core of our new product line. The 38 SPL, 40 S&W, 45auto, 9mm, 380auto, and .223 REM are our response to demand for close quarters reduced hazard munitions. Frangible projectiles break apart into harmless fragments upon hitting a surface harder than projectile itself. Dangerous ricochets and collateral damage are virtually eliminated, while the lead free composition leaves no toxic residue. This so called

I just recently came across an A-MERC 40 S&W RH headstamp. Are these RH headstamps considered rare as they were a small run that happened just before A-MERC went out of business? I would presume they exist in 9mm, .40S&W, and .45acp?

These were in a 50rd box of Triton “Quik-Shok” :