9x19mm Tracer box

The name of the company is under the blacked out area on the bottom of the label. it reads:
ACURA-SEE AMMUNITION MONROE, WI, 53566, USA.

The ammunition has assorted, mostly US military cases and the bullets have translucent dark red tips.

Does anyone know anything about this company?

Cheers,
Lew

Hi Lew,

This was an early tracer ammunition brand used by Strommen and Trickel, who later formed Strommen-Trickel Industries, Inc. (same address). They also used a similar sounding brand named “Acra-See”.

Regards,

Fede

Not 9mm related but, .308 Strommen Trickle tracers that someone gave me a long time ago. Found the tracer compound to be hydromorphic and you are probably looking at more glue than compound. A small piece of white paper are glued to the bottom of the tracer holding the compound in. (The paper is wrong in photo, but that’s what came with the projectiles. Dk blue and Red tip.

I recently purchased a couple of 9mm, which contained a label identifying them as a Strommen-Trickel HE and a S-T tracer. Does anyone know what the box/packet for the HE rounds looks like?

1 Like

Does H.E. mean high explosive, and if so, what was the intended use?

hello

i think is for maximise the stopping power ,like extreme shock or RIP rounds
but in old time we don’t had the extreme shock or RIP technology

1 Like

Correct, high explosive. In theory it would mean a much more destructive small arms round, as you see with 20mm, etc. In practical use it has never really happened (effectively) to my knowledge, with technical/safety/cost issues in the way. This has never stopped a number of companies from exploiting public interest and producing ammunition of dubious effectiveness however. This is typically done by the small, fly-by-night garage type companies, such as Blammo ammo, etc.
Perhaps the most famous related event was the use of Devastator ammunition by John Hinkley in March of 1981, in an assassination attempt on President Reagan.

1 Like