9x26.23 frenche experimental?

hello
i have a round sold under the label "9mm french experimental"
the bullet is a normal brass 9mm for french 9x19 military ammo
the case is bottlenecked and his 26.23mm lengh (look like a 7.5x54 mas cut case)
the primer is brass ,type small pistol with red sealant
no headstamp
two pictures of the round with a 357 sig and 7.5x54 for size

this round is true or is a joke
thank in advance for your response

It looks like a 9x25 Dillon, but the neck on yours appears longer than what a 9x25 Dillon would have.
(from Ammo-One / Dave Call):

Effectively Jean Huon in his book " les-cartouches-pour-fusils-et-mitrailleuses-2e-edition " speaks about this cartridge without more detail.

I cannot read the headstamp of your 9 mm French cartridge on my screen, even enlarged. However, if the headstamp is AFERHM, it is a replica of an experimental cartridge made by the French Cartridge Collector’s group AFERHM as one of their annual cartridges. As such, one could call it a “show cartridge,” or “commemorative cartridge” and in my opinion, it is a perfectly collectable round, either for an auto pistol cartridge collection, a general collection, or a collection of various commemorative, personalized or cartridge-show cartridges.

It is interesting to note that if the AFERHM cartridge is true to the dimensions of the original experimental, few if any of which actual specimens survive, the French came very close to a copy of the 9 mm Gabbett-Fairfax Mars pistol cartridge.

I actually thought that was what it was a copy of when I first got mine, even though the OAL and the bullet ogive were not correct for the Mars round. It is not identical, but very, very close.

If I am wrong about the cartridge being headstamped AFERHM, none of this applies and I apologize.

hello
this cartridge has no headstamp but a sort of a groove around the primer
i think is original not the afherm round
for the 9x25 i have this round but the diameter of the case is more large on this 9x26.23 french

[quote=“JohnMoss”]It is interesting to note that if the AFERHM cartridge is true to the dimensions of the original experimental, few if any of which actual specimens survive, the French came very close to a copy of the 9 mm Gabbett-Fairfax Mars pistol cartridge.

.[/quote]

First the dimensions are far to be very close to the real round.
It is a very bad replica
Second, we don’t know wjat kind of bullet was on the real round.
Not a 9 mm bullet for sure.
JP

As your has no marking, it little also to be one 7.5 blanck Paulet who it finds easily.

Pierrejean - the cartridge shown in the picture appears to have a headstamp. I save it to file and enhanced it, then tried to blow it up, but the original picture is very low resolution and blown up the picture becomes so out of focus I could not read the headstamp.

Also, with a brass, FMJ bullet, it cannot be a Paulet Blank. Perhaps a fake made from one, but not a Paulet blank in its present form.

Yes it is that I want to say a false fact from one blank cartridge Paulet

hello
it may be a fake because i see the neck lip and they are large
maybe formed from 7.5x54 case cut off and adding a standard 9mm bullet
there are no headstamp
i can considere that is a copy of this experimental round

The picture is quite deceiving as it appears to have a headstamp top and bottom like the AFERHM cartridge. To me, a cartridge like this, NOT the AFERHM cartridge, is simply a fake and has no collector interest. Each to his own, though.