9x57 Messinghülsen

I bought this from a friend who was born in Nürnberg (like this box) because I liked “Western zone” wording. I told him about my younger daughter wanting to join USAF, he said he was bombed by both American and British Air Forces. I guess “Western zone” means this box is made in late 40’s-early 50’s?

anytime after the wall went up and came down, I’d guess.

First time I have seen “Western Zone” on a cartridge box label that I can recall. Nifty! Thanks for posting. A great label.

I recall that after Japan again regained trading rights in America, you saw a lot of products marked “Made in Occupied Japan.” I think they were more common than labels referring to “Western Zone,” “Occupied Germany,” or the like. Maybe I’m wrong. although that was my “child to adult” time in life, it is a long time past now. I was shocked to realize that in six days will be my 58th anniversary since I joined the Army. Incredible. Life is short. Enjoy it the best you can, my friends.

John, “western zone” here is not to be confused with “occupied Germany” as there was also the “eastern zone” and the clou here is that “western zone” was a clear statemenmt that ssomething was not made in the communist occupied zone. Later right till the day the wall came down almost anything made in the “western zone” was marked as “made in West-Germany” the somewhat better wording for the same thing (and still being occupied).
Any if somebody is wondering, yes, still today we have occupation law in force!

I am surprised that with reunification, occupation law is still in force. Yes, I know the difference. I was only noting that most of the Japanese products from the early post-WWII era were marked as “Occupied Japan,” and even though Germany was occupied, I don’t recall seeing that appellation “Occupied Germany” on much, if on anything at all. My answer was incomplete. I thought I would mention that “Western Zone” seemed to morph pretty quickly into “Made in West Germany,” but felt that was pretty obvious, and just length my already too wordy reply.

This is a unusual label style that seems to have been used for certain types of cartridge cases and primers boxes, only, written either in German/English or English language. In this last case, these were exclusively imported into the States by Stoeger Arms Corp. starting in 1958 and illustrated in catalogs until 1966, although at this later date these may not actually reflect the label that was currently in use.

Also, because of the company designation mentioned on the label, it can’t be earlier than 1958 because then it would read “Dynamit-Actien-Gesellschaft, vormals Alfred Nobel & Co.”.

I have never seen a label reading “Occupied Germany”, but “Under Allied Control” was used in letter headings printed during or before 1948. This one, for example, mentions a lot of data that you can’t find in any other DAG publication:

This one was already in use by September 1948:

In the case of the letterheads Fede posted, “Under Allied Control” refers to the company Dynamit AG, not to Germany.
DAG was owned by well known “IG Farben”, and as such was under Allied control.

When old Dynamit AG -like many other companies- was separated from IG Farben ownership and being sold, it became “Dynamit Nobel” (in 1958 as Fede writes).

EOD’s mentioning of occupation laws refers to the legal privileges still granted to U.S. and UK troops stationed in Germany. These are sometimes misused for spying on Germans, which caused consternation when it became known to the public.

Fede,

These papers are very informative.

On the second one I read they had a Reichsbank Köln account.
In the history page from the Deutsche Bundesbank I just read that the Reichsbank was dissolved in 1945.

Rgds
Dutch

Dutch, thanks, so it means that the second was printed as late as 1945 but was kept in use until several years after (it is dated September 20, 1948).