A .50 dardick question

How much should I pay for one .50 Dardick tround? Is $25.00 too pricey? Thanks for the feedback.

I would buy one for $25.00 if I seen one, and wanted it…

The great thing about collecting is that you only need one (in some cases…)

The site says they have several, so I will buy when one I get the money.

Ballpark price for a LIVE Ball version. A bit steep for a dummy (which is often just a fired case with any ball projectile stuffed in). Factory dummy, on the other hand, was clear plastic case and worth the $25. If it’s LIVE and something other than Ball, it’s worth more. If it’s a cartridge case other than black, possibly worth more.

Many years ago I used to get the U.S. publication SHOTGUN NEWS all the time and one of the major gun parts company was selling live .50 Dardick (black plastic) rounds for (if I remember correctly) $10 or less. Foolish me, I just ordered one round. I should have bought all they had!

those were the dummies of which I spoke.

Actually black plastic, fired cases, with pulled ball bullets glued into the case. I bet they still have them if you call and ask.

Something the seller assembled themselves.

I recently noticed that the Dardick family is still trying to flog the Tround. Operating as Open Chamber Systems, LLC, they have been applying for new patents in the last few years.

Some pictures of a .50 Dardick Tround:

Would this be a “rebuild” from a fired Dardick case?

Dave

Aw man, just read the fine print, it is a dummy from a fired case and a bullet stuffed in. I’ll still get one though.

[quote=“DaveE”]Some pictures of a .50 Dardick Tround:

Would this be a “rebuild” from a fired Dardick case?

Dave[/quote]

That is exactly what mine looks like, with powder in it and a “live” primer.

Real or rebuilt?

Great question jestertoo.

How can we tell if our Tround is factory new, fired and “rebuilt” as a dummy or possibly even reloaded to fireable condition?

Easy, just look for the fired primer.

In the illustrated example, that looks to be a live ball round. The same identical thing, but with a fired primer are the fired cases that were stuffed with ball bullets (glued in)

I don’t know of any “reloaded” trounds.

[quote=“50m2hb”]Easy, just look for the fired primer.

In the illustrated example, that looks to be a live ball round. The same identical thing, but with a fired primer are the fired cases that were stuffed with ball bullets (glued in)

I don’t know of any “reloaded” trounds.[/quote]

The Tround I bought from SARCO (from the SHOTGUN NEWS) many years ago for $10 (maybe less) is just like the one pictured above with an unsnapped primer. So apparently I got an unfired round and not a dummy with a glued in bullet.

The fired .50 Tround cases that I recall seeing were split lengthwise. Don’t know if that always happened, though.

Sarco, Leon? That’s where I’m getting this one!

Yes. But then again I got mine about 18-20 years ago.