A.c.s

Do any of the Brits on here remember a supplier called ACS? They used to supply “samples” rather than rare collectables but they had a good range and their prices were fair.
I think they operated out of a P.O. box number in Huddersfield.

I was wondering if they were still in business or whether there were any other suppliers of a similar nature that anyone knows about in UK?

I used to make up ammo display boards. Not the cheap gaudy ones you sometimes see, these were extremely elaborate one with quality cartridges on them, Everything from pinfires to big game cartridges. Each board was more elaborate than the last.

I feel the urge to start making them again. but the sources of supply have dried up.
I used to get a lot from the disgraced R.I.F.L.E. but they won’t be selling anything for a while, or ever again probably.

Vince

Can’t answer your question but I have one to ask you.

What is R.I.F.L.E. and why are they disgraced??

Ray

Ray,
R.I.F.L.E was a company in Derbyshire England who used to sell deact ammo. They would buy up all sorts of stuff from all sorts of places and had some interesting cartridges.
They also sold other things like bayonets and deactivated guns. The people that ran it, a father and son, got sent to jail for selling AK47 barrels.

At the trial it turned out they had probably been supplying the Loyalist Paramilitary organisations in Northern Ireland for years.

ACS folded a few years ago, but I can’t remember who took their stock of ammo.

[quote=“Vince Green”]Ray,
R.I.F.L.E was a company in Derbyshire England who used to sell deact ammo. They would buy up all sorts of stuff from all sorts of places and had some interesting cartridges.
They also sold other things like bayonets and deactivated guns. The people that ran it, a father and son, got sent to jail for selling AK47 barrels.

At the trial it turned out they had probably been supplying the Loyalist Paramilitary organisations in Northern Ireland for years.[/quote]

Vince,

I visited this company with my wife some years ago and bought some cartridges for my collection. On leaving we agreed that we had just met the most disagreeable, racist, man we had ever seen. They were also doing sort of “reversable deactivation” of various guns. Selling the gun plus some replacement parts and instructions to make a working gun. They sold such a gun to an undercover policeman which brought their business to a rapid end.

gravelbelly