A-MERC RH headstamps

I just recently came across an A-MERC 40 S&W RH headstamp. Are these RH headstamps considered rare as they were a small run that happened just before A-MERC went out of business? I would presume they exist in 9mm, .40S&W, and .45acp? I see this topic was discussed with regard to the 9mm version in the old archived threads:

These were in a 50rd box of Triton “Quik-Shok” :

A-MERC is the American Ammunition Manufacturing Co, Miami FL for those who don’t know.

I was told that the “RH” stands for “Reduced Hazard” and reportedly was required on ammunition procured by the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center in south Georgia (not the correct name, but someone will correct me). In 9mm it occurs on ammo by both Precision Ammo and A-MERC. I don’t think I have documented it on other manufacturers ammo. I have heard that it occurs on 40 S&W but I haven’t tried to document any of that. Apparently the requirement was dropped some years ago.

A-Merc must have provided it for a number of years since it shows up with headstamps using both “9MM” and “9mm”.

Cheers,
Lew

Cheers,
Lew

Found 1 round in a old bag of ammo I got for a policeman about 10 or so years ago .40 with the RH stamp.

Can someone post a photo of the headstamp of the A-MERC 9 mm RH cartridges or better yet, a headstamp of each of the two variations, the one with “9 mm” and “9 MM.”

I have never seen any A-MERC RH headstamp except in the .40 caliber, where I have a NUPE case.

John

John,
these are the items in my collection. Very difficult to find and there may be more variations out there. The loaded round is a frangible and basically GM colored with a slight silver tint that is exaggerated by the light.

Cheers,
Lew

AMERC RH-C

1 Like

Lew - nice group. I have never even seen this headstamp before this thread, that is, on 9 mm. I have it, as mentioned, in .40 S&W.

Thanks for posting the pictures.

John