AFERHM 2001 Club Cartridge

In another thread on the 10mm Mars cartridge, mention is made of a 10mm MAS cartridge replicated by Megret for the French-Speaking Group of ECRA (AFERHM).

I have a cartridge from AFERHM headstamped “AFERHM 2001.” It is brass case and bullet jacket, FMJ RN bullet, brass primer with red primer seal and a very heavy ring around the primer, but not close enough to be a crimp. I have had no luck finding out what cartridge this replicates. It cannot be the 10mm MAS round, even though the case, which is very, very close to the 9mm/360 Mars Cartridge (direct comparison made from my collection), looks like the one on the other thread. However, measured as close to the case mouth as is possible, the bullet diameter is 8,95mm (0.3525") in diameter.

Can anyone, preferably someone “in the know” from AFERHM, tell me exactly what cartridge is supposedly replicated by this round?

I felt that it was a replica of the 9mm Mars, although the dimensions are not perfect by any means. Another European told me it replicates some sort of French experimental assault rifle cartridge. Identification of this round is very important to me. Help wanted!!!

[quote=“JohnMoss”]In another thread on the 10mm Mars cartridge, mention is made of a 10mm MAS cartridge replicated by Megret for the French-Speaking Group of ECRA (AFERHM).

I have a cartridge from AFERHM headstamped “AFERHM 2001.” It is brass case and bullet jacket, FMJ RN bullet, brass primer with red primer seal and a very heavy ring around the primer, but not close enough to be a crimp. I have had no luck finding out what cartridge this replicates. It cannot be the 10mm MAS round, even though the case, which is very, very close to the 9mm/360 Mars Cartridge (direct comparison made from my collection), looks like the one on the other thread. However, measured as close to the case mouth as is possible, the bullet diameter is 8,95mm (0.3525") in diameter.

Can anyone, preferably someone “in the know” from AFERHM, tell me exactly what cartridge is supposedly replicated by this round?

I felt that it was a replica of the 9mm Mars, although the dimensions are not perfect by any means. Another European told me it replicates some sort of French experimental assault rifle cartridge. Identification of this round is very important to me. Help wanted!!![/quote]
Hi, its:
09,00x26,25 French SMG Exp.1945
Commemorative Dummy of the french Club, the cartridge itself was according to the official drawing from Octobre 22. 1945 for use in Submachine-Guns and Carbines, brass case, brass jacketed bullet, blind primer, red p.a. (AFEHRM 2001) the base for the ammo was the Mod.29 7,5 Rifle Case/

The real 10mm MAS-Copy was done by Megret for his own sales, not for the club, sofar I have found out up to now. My old info in the other thread, that the 10mm MAS was FOR THE CLUB is not correct…
Forensic

Thanks for the information. the French sure copied the 9mm Mars cartridge for that SMG-round experiment. The only thing not “MARS” in this round is the bullet ogive.

Next obvious question - how does one get one of the MEGRET 10mm rounds? Are they still available?

BTT

Hi, its:
09,00x26,25 French SMG Exp.1945
[/quote]
The dimensions of the 9 mm French Smg made for the club are not very accurate.
I do not know about the other one.
JP