Air Marshal-Sky Marshal-Anti-Hijack usage? … Yes? Unsubstantiated/maybe? No? add others?

hello
the MEN one is nice

yes…I really like the round w/ the box label…very nice…on the hunt now

Yes it is. Tom

I should have been more precise. In the Netherlands the airport and airplane security are tasks of the Military Police (‘Koninklijke Marechaussee’ - KMar). The special KMar Air Marshal unit used these rounds (Nr. 544). Before that it used the Action 1 cartridge. This Nr. 544 cartridge has now been replaced with the Action 5 cartridge for duty on board of airplanes.

Here an advertisement of the Sellier & Bellot .38 Special ‘short stop’ cartridge.

Looks like S&B took the Short Stop .38 Special trademarked by MBA in 1971 to use as their own. The Short Stop was a lethal round at ranges up to about 100 feet. During U.S. Air Force tests, the MBA Short Stop did not penetrate the aircraft skin at any of the test ranges; 12, 25, and 50 feet. As a result, the Air Force adopted the Short Stop as standard issue for Military Airlift Command (MAC) crews. MAC airplanes are large multi-engine planes similar in size to commercial airliners although some (C5A) are much larger.

'don’t think I’ve seen any S&B “short stop”…let alone one that is “cream” colored

Here are three MESKO color variants…do they designate anything ?

I asked my air marshal friend… he replied “we use regular slugs”.

Nice :facepunch:

The slugs with te blue, white and yellow ‘bullet’, do they have a different size of pellets?
They do excist in 9 x 19 mm as well I thought.

No slugs but bean bags, to color is indicating the strength of the load (on the Polish Mesko ones). Bean bags are identical as far as I know.
I have not seen these in 9x19 from S&B and Mesko but they may exist from other manufacturers.

Regarding the Mesko loadings:

Blue plastic Sabot: “Szerszen” as Hornet, 350 m/s
Yellow plastic Sabot: “OSA” as Wasp, 300 m/s
White plastic Sabot: “Komar” as Mosquito, 250 m/s

Dwight

Soakin all this in, basking as it were. I do remember the Hirtenberger blacktip frangible being incorrectly marketed/sold as dedicated “air” ammo (just another SRTA-type pill really); I’d bought a bunch at a show and not long after was able to sell some at a profit due to that artificial demand.

I remember the Glaser Safety Slug being markted to the Air Marshal Service, and an attempt to arm pilots, (back in the late 1970s’ to early 1980s’?).
That was when I was turned on to the Glaser as a round that will not shoot-through and injure/kill and innocent- if your aim was good enough, to begin with!