Air show above Moscow

My high school buddy took these pics of an Air Force parade above Moscow.

great shots!

What are the smaller airplanes between the MIG 29’s in the last picture?

PS: I am also wondering how russian people can see television.The antenna in the first picture has its three pieces mixed up in a order that I have never seen

[quote=“Pivi”]What are the smaller airplanes between the MIG 29’s in the last picture?

PS: I am also wondering how russian people can see television.The antenna in the first picture has its three pieces mixed up in a order that I have never seen[/quote]

Pivi, smaller planes ARE MiG-29, larger ones are Su-27.

as for television, believe me - it’s not worth seeing at all. I haven’t watched any TV for at least 4 years, and quite happy with that ;)

Great pics. I like military aircraft almost as much as I do cartridges! Do any of these corrently operational Russian aircraft carry cartridge firing weapons?
I would think the Bear might still have a tail-gun system, but what about the fighters and ground atatck planes?

AKMS

When were these photos taken?

Hey AKMS

Who knows for sure what any one of them may be toting around, but generally, their fighters use the GSh-30-1 30MM cannon or some variant thereof.

As soon as I get my SOVIET CANNON book in hand, I’ll be able to expand on that. Anxiously awaiting my signed copy.

Rick

I think it was training flight for tomorrow’s V-day parade in Moscow

So would they have been taken in the last couple of years?

It is a dress rehearsal for tomorrow’s (May 9,2009) Russian Victory Day parade, the end of WWII, taken a couple of days ago. Max, could you take more pictures of the real parade, maybe a couple of ground armour shots?

Thanks, I understand now.

What made me unsure is that some of the pictures had quite an old look to them.

I talked to a childhood friend in Moscow whose husband was in the Russian military, she said that next year’s parade (65th Anniversary) would be much bigger. Anyone for Moscow next year?

[quote=“slick rick”]Hey AKMS

Who knows for sure what any one of them may be toting around, but generally, their fighters use the GSh-30-1 30MM cannon or some variant thereof.

Rick[/quote]

Rick, if it is the Mig-29 then it should be the GSh-301.

Obviously got carried away with the (-)s.