Albanian Headstamps

Can anyone post any pictures of the headstamps of Albanian-made Small Arms Cartridges. I do
not need the “PAR 91” headstamp appearing on 9 mm Parabellum ammunition, nor is ammunition produced before approximately 1962 of interest to the question here. I am primarily interested in seeing headstamps on military rifle cartridges from the era 1962 to the present.

Actual photographs are preferred, as that precludes confusion over format, and verifies its existance as well.

Any help will be appreciated.

John,
I do have in 9 Luger (KMP sign 3 and 9P) as a headstamp…The 3 could be a numeral 3, but also maybe some sort of sign, as its characteristics are completely different from the other letters used.
I do also have a 7,62x39 unfinished (blank ?) case with hs (KMP 11)…
I will not put in pictures now, as I am still in mid of a deal with some companies…

Greetings
Forensic

John,
Most of my collection is currently in storage, ready for a house move, but I do have the following:
7.62x39, LS case; 3 11 89
7.62x54R, BRS case; 90 3
7.62x54R, LS case; 3 87
7.62x54R, BRS case; 3 1 87

Thank you Peter and Jon. I just wanted to see what kind of headstamp they were doing, and to confirm that they had used the code “3” which also can be Ulynovsk in Russia. It is interesting that in the years before 1992, they made only the 9 mm Parabellum in pistol ammunition, not the 9 x 18 mm Makarov. It seems they got their 9 Makarov and 7.62 Tokarev ammunition from China, as an Albanian manual shows the ammo as Model 59 and Model 54 respectively, and those are only Chinese designations for the two calibers.

The PAR headstamp from 1991, on 9 mm Para ammunition, seems to be the last known date for an Albanian cartridge beofre 1992, when the factory all but shut down. It has revived over the years since then, thanks in part to financial and technical aid from Turkey and others. Current ammunition production seems limited to 9 x 18 mm Makarov, now made there, and 9 mm Parabellumm although they express a capability of making other former COMBLOC calibers as well as NATO calibers.

The lack of Albanian cartridges from the 1960s to the 1980s in collections is testament, I presume, to their incredible dislike and suspicion of the West, which caused them even to aligh much closer with the PRC than it did with the USSR or any other of the Warsaw Pact Nations. They produced ammunition from about 1966 on, although the factory was actually founded in 1962.

Well, thanks for the information.

Peter, could you send me a personal email? I would appreciate it.

John

One other question. The name of the factory is/was(?) “KM/Poliçan Ammunition Factory.” Does anyone know what “KM” stands for. My original thought was that it was initials for a firm name.
Now, I am wondering, since this is a state-owned enterprise, if it is not some sort of indication of the ownership status, such as “Corp.” in English, or “A.-G” and “GmbH” in German, or “S.A.” i some of the Latin languages. If anyone knows this, or has the where-with-all to dind out (postively - no guessing), I would appreciate it.

John,
I can’t offer any new headstamps but here are a couple of photos for you…

Jim,

thank you. A photo is always best, as it leaves no doubt as to how to read the headstamp, and that it exists.

You can change your “unknown manufacturer” to read "KM/Poliçan Ammunition Factory, Berat District (Qark) (approximately 20 Kmsouth of the city of Berat in Southern Albania.

John, KMP stands for “Kombinati Mekanik Poliçan”.

Fede - is there anything you don’t know, my friend? : - ) You are simply incredible! I have been researching this Poliçan question - everything to do with it - since the PAR headstamp showed up from Iraq, in phony Sellier & Bellot boxes. Hours of web time, and more delving into every written source I have at my disposal. This has been going on for months. You answer this question in about ten seconds! Wow!

Muchismas gracias, amigo mio. It may seem a small thing, but when one has been desparately searching for information, any little bit like this that has eluded one is a huge gift of information.