ALPHA Bullet Ammunition, Lightfield Ammunition Corp. Document Circa 1989

I recently obtained a document/report put out by the Lightfield Ammunition Corp. concerning their development of ALPHA bulleted ammunition which provides background information for these previous Forum discussions:

PDF of the Lightfield Ammunition Corp. document:

ALPHA Bullet Family of Ammunition, Lightfield Ammunition Corp…pdf (4.7 MB)

Brian, excellent! Thank you for sharing!
I wish we had more from them on other calibers.

Super! thanks Brian

http://www.litfld.com/products/less-lethal/

1 Like

There is a 20mm also. They are made of brass. The short one weighs 102.6 g and the long one 121.2g. The plastic sabot weighs 3.9g.

Below are a variety of 12 ga projectiles and an unfinished piece.

IMG_4611

Paul

1 Like

Paul, incredible items! Thank you for sharing!

The 20mm weights are only for the brass parts or is that for the brass part including the sabot?

Is there an order/timeline for the straight vs. angled “ribs” on projectiles?
Straight ones I saw so far only on pistol/revolver calibers and 12GA. Though angled ones would make a lot of sense with smooth bores.

Hi Alex,

Weights are only for the brass portions. Sabot is separate.

Paul

Paul, thank you for the clarification!

Someone (not on an iPhone as I am now) should search out prior threads about Alpha bullets Some stripped of photos from the old defunct forum. I can’t find the thread photos I’ve previously posted and maybe others can do a deeper dive. There’s more Alpha info in threads “out there” on the forum

I can retake photos too

Pepper

Look at my beginning post, see that I have listed the previous Forum threads concerning ALPHA projectiles:-) Including your great photos!!!

Brian

Ah. There’s the 20 and the 30.

Thanks. Was careless in my haste