American ctge 3

identification please
jp

jeanpierre:

YES, I THINK THIS IS A .38-50 BALLARD EVERLASTING. IT APPEARS TO BE LOADED WITH A MAYNARD STYLE (PROFILE) BULLET. I CAN’T TELL WHO THE MANUFACTURER IS. CHECK THE HEAD OF THE CARTRIDGE WITH A MAGNET. IF IT ATTRACTS THE MAGNET, IT IS POSSIBLY A LOGAN & HART. IF IT DOES NOT ATTRACT THE MAGNET, IT MAY STILL BE A LOGAN & HART. TO TELL FOR ABSOLUTE CERTAIN I WOULD HAVE TO ACTUALLY HAVE THE CARTRIDGE IN HAND.

SORRY, I CAN’T HELP ON Nos. 6 AND 8.

SWAMP MAN

[quote=“GWB”]jeanpierre:

YES, I THINK THIS IS A .38-50 BALLARD EVERLASTING. IT APPEARS TO BE LOADED WITH A MAYNARD STYLE (PROFILE) BULLET. I CAN’T TELL WHO THE MANUFACTURER IS. CHECK THE HEAD OF THE CARTRIDGE WITH A MAGNET. IF IT ATTRACTS THE MAGNET, IT IS POSSIBLY A LOGAN & HART. IF IT DOES NOT ATTRACT THE MAGNET, IT MAY STILL BE A LOGAN & HART. TO TELL FOR ABSOLUTE CERTAIN I WOULD HAVE TO ACTUALLY HAVE THE CARTRIDGE IN HAND.

SORRY, I CAN’T HELP ON Nos. 6 AND 8.

SWAMP MAN[/quote]

Oh !!! My friend, I recognize you.
say hello to your friend from me.

We don’t have anymore on the french TV the swamp serie. But another one called “Turtle man”.
I don’t understand how he catchs them without seing them because I thought this kind of turtle could cut you at least a finger very quickly.

Thanks.

What is Logan & Hart ? Primer type or case type ?

JP

jeanpierre:

JOHN LOGAN & GEORGE E. HART WERE ISSUED 2 U.S. PATENTS; No. 142,924 ON 16 SEPTEMBER 1873, AND No. 154,121 ON 19 MAY 1874. GEORGE HART (WITHOUT LOGAN) WAS ISSUED 2 U.S. PATENTS; Nos. 169,806 AND 169,807 ON 9 NOVEMBER 1875. THE PATENT MOST COMMONLY? ENCOUNTERED IS No. 142,924 WHICH TO CARTRIDGE IN QUESTION IS NOT AN EXAMPLE. IT COULD BE 1 OF THE 2 PATENTS ISSUED TO GEORGE HART. THE CARTRIDGES WERE FABRICATED WITH IRON OR NICKEL ANVILS AND WITHOUT AN ANVIL.

THE PRIMER FOR THE 16 SEPTEMBER 1873 PATENT WAS MADE LIKE A RIMFIRE ALTHOUGH OTHER PRIMERS WOULD ALSO WORK. THE HART PATENT SHELLS CAN HAVE EITHER BERDAN OR NORMAL (ANVIL CONTAINED IN THE PRIMER CUP) PRIMERS, DEPENDING ON THE CONSTRUCTION USED TO FABRICATE THE SHELL.

THE SHELLS FABRICARTED UNDER THE 16 SEPTEMBER 1873 PATENT HAVE A SLOTTED HEAD SIMILAR THE THE MODEL 1873 MAYNARD CARTRIDGES. THE CARTRIDGES (IN PROFILE) LOOK LIKE MODEL 1865 MAYNARDS WITH THE THIN RIM.

SORRY I CAN’T BE OF MORE ASSISTANCE.