American ctges 15

Not all of them are american and they are different calibers including turkish snider I think

JP, the first one in a Spanish 14 x 41 R Berdan M. 1867 and the rest are variations of the US .58 Berdan Conversion for Musket. Regards, Fede.

jeanpierre:

CHECK THE HEADS OF THE ONES IDENTIFIED AS U.S. MANUFACTURE WITH A MAGNET TO SEE IF THEY HAVE AN INTERNAL IRON REINFORCE CUP RATHER THAN THE USUAL BRASS.

[quote=“GWB”]jeanpierre:

CHECK THE HEADS OF THE ONES IDENTIFIED AS U.S. MANUFACTURE WITH A MAGNET TO SEE IF THEY HAVE AN INTERNAL IRON REINFORCE CUP RATHER THAN THE USUAL BRASS.[/quote]

George, I checked my .58 Berdan Musket cartridge with a magnet, but it did not stick. Are the cartridges WITH the iron cup older than the cartridges without iron?

-Dave

RimPin:

I DON’T KNOW WHICH IS OLDER. THE SUSPECTED MANUFACTURER IS EITHER REMINGTON OR U.M.C. IF SOMEBODY OUT THERE KNOWS THE ANSWER TO EITHER OF THESE 2 ?? PLEASE FEEL FREE TO LET US KNOW.

GWB, very good! I suspected U.M.C. also, but I don’t have any proof to support that.

-Dave

I checked . All are non non magnetic.

I thought some of them were sfm made anyway

And I thought one of them was a Turkish smider.

Fede, could you double check please ?

thanks
JP

JP, yes, I can confirm what I have posted before. I can’t tell which are the manufacturers of the .58 group from a side picture, but all their dimensions agrees with the US .58 Berdan Conversion for Musket. None have the dimensions of any Turkish Snider variation that I know of. Regards, Fede.

thank you very much Fede !
JP