Ammo at Russian website Molotok

I think maybe some of you are interested in seeing ammo and boxes available at a Russian “Ebay” called “Molotok” (auction hammer). The $ value is right under Russian ruble price.
molotok.ru/listing.php/search?st … gory=48607

Their prices are higher than ours?

If they ship outside of Russia then I see some potential for box or link collectors. Possibly some potential for headstamp collectors if sellers are willing to ship cases outside of Russia, and I did see some lots of hundreds of empty casings.

Gentlemen,
you are too optimistic. This seller can not send anything from Russia. Even fired cases. You can only personally to come to Russia and take it back in the personal luggage. But even in this case, I doubt the positive achievements

[quote=“2moutrage”]Gentlemen,
you are too optimistic. This seller can not send anything from Russia. Even fired cases. You can only personally to come to Russia and take it back in the personal luggage. But even in this case, I doubt the positive achievements[/quote]
That’s not entirely true, коллега
Ammo components cannot be sent via the mail (but could be legally carried out of the country in someone’s luggage, except for powder and primers), that’s right, but empty boxes are 100% legit - if you will be able to talk the seller into selling them to foreigner

Max,
I agree if you’re talking about empty boxes. But I constantly at war against the Russian customs when I’m taking inert ammunition and their components in hand luggage. The problem is not in the criminal subjects. The problem in corruption of the Russian customs. Customs officers are aware that these items are legal, but force you to give them a bribe. Americans think that will commit a crime if they give money to a customs officers in Russia and will have problems. Moreover, the new law requires the expertise of each inert cartridge

[quote=“2moutrage”]Max,
The problem in corruption of the Russian customs. Customs officers are aware that these items are legal, but force you to give them a bribe.[/quote]
Hmm. then I should consider myself lucky. This March I was in Germany, at IWA-2012, and brought back some inert stuff and knives in my luggage. Went through the “green” channel at customs in Pulkovo airport with no problems at all.
The only one time I’ve been close to being confronted by customs was in 2004, when we were returning from Shot Show in USA.
We (me and my chief editor) had in our luggage several boxes of printed stuff, some knives, a bag full of inert ammo and a shooting rest. Customs officers spent about 10 minutes examining the shooting rest, then let us go through without any further questions.
BTW, I’ve successfully sent and received (to and from UK) some inert stuff using surface mail. Parcels were marked as containing “collectible dummies” or “souvenirs”.
Obviously, there’s no guarantee that it will work next time, but I really hope that it would.

For our foreign friends: I know first-hand that people can bring inert ammo and components in and out of Russia with no problems - I met several nice gentlemen (from Argentina and Belgium of all other places) to do some face-to-face trading in inert ammo and related stuff; and will be more than happy to do the same in the future.

I believe the key is to put all the stuff in the checked-in luggage and pass customs through the “green” channel. And of cause, make sure that all stuff is 100% inert indeed; for cartridges, this means either disassembled rounds or assembled ones with hole drilled in the wall of the case.
Hope this helps

I looked for 6mm Unified (used Russian search terms), but I didn’t find any.

you won’t find it at Molotok, most probably. It is not as rare as 7,62 SP-2 or 7,62x41 M1943, but rather scarce.
your best bet to get one would be to trade face-to-face with some Russian collector who had it.

Just a helpful hint - if you want to use that site here in the states, download Google Chrome, it works with Google Translate and will convert the site to English for you.