Ammo collector idea

Got some ideas for some of the extras in my collection.

Unique, huh?

alfarrow.com/reliquaries/

Rick,

Interesting use of ammunition!

Dave

(Edited for content)

Very cool… The rest of his stuff is amazing too. I love his beggars series…

Interesting is not the proper word here - macabre might be more accurate. Seriously, would anyone want most of that stuff in their house - I mean the one with body parts, real or simulated?

John Moss

ah ah ah …“the vibrator of Santa Guerro” ( who or what is Santa Guerro? Saint War?)

anyway…explosive effects for sure…

[quote=“Pivi”]ah ah ah …“the vibrator of Santa Guerro” ( who or what is Santa Guerro? Saint War?)

anyway…explosive effects for sure…[/quote]

Since “Santa Guerro” can’t be gay it must be a woman…

WOW! Crazy but totally interesting. Kinda gruesome but cool at the same time. I think if you ad all those parts up you could build more then one Santa Guerro guy? :-) Regardless, the artist has extreme skill.

J

I wouldn’t like to ask how much each of those pieces would cost, I’m sure well into 5 figures.

He must also have ruined alot of decent firearms to make them.

[quote=“Falcon”]
He must also have ruined alot of decent firearms to make them.[/quote]

I hoped he used scrapped / destroyed guns or weapon parts which did not pass QA.

[quote=“JohnMoss”]Interesting is not the proper word here - macabre might be more accurate. Seriously, would anyone want most of that stuff in their house - I mean the one with body parts, real or simulated?

John Moss[/quote]

I emailed him, commending him on his work, noting my enjoyment of his African series and beggars series. I am one who would absolutely love to own one of his sculptures. Maybe he will sell me one, and hopefully falcon’s assumption of price is wayy of as i can not pay 5 figures for one! =)

I have a small collection of interesting, and “old world” style sculptures and his would go nice with one of mine.

Talking of the cost of artwork, I saw a TV program a while ago about modern art. Someone made a wooden frame in the shape of an egg that was about 8 foot across. They stretched canvas over it and painted it gold, this thing sold at auction for £2 Million. Makes me wonder why I get up and go to work every morning when you see something like that which sells for more than I will probably earn in my lifetime, which you could probably build in your garage in a weekend.

[quote]Makes me wonder why I get up and go to work every morning when you see something like that which sells for more than I will probably earn in my lifetime, which you could probably build in your garage in a weekend.[/quote]Aah, but then you have to wear funny glasses and get some very spacy friends and a entorurage of trendy journalists and art afficionados who desert you the moment they discover your real interest is cartridges, not giant eggs made of canvas.
/irony off. Soren