Ammo experts-List of

I was browsing the old “historian” forum and bumped into this list. I took a liberty to copy it, written by, I believe, DrSchmittCSAEOD, hoping that he would not mind my bringing it to the present forum, since not everybody here knows that the old forum software “collapsed” after a cyber attack, but still contains interesting information, albeit somewhat damaged. So, everything below is written by DrSchmittCSAEOD, but you may expand onto this list.

Thanks for the info. There are several “experts” who I believe until I see them PROVEN wrong. Proof includes marked boxes , government manuals(not always-proof), company manuals and publications , patents ( again-not always proof),specimens (after forensic examination).

The following ammunition experts are folks who I believe when they give information within their field of expertise:

Bill Woodin - ANYTHING
Col.Frank Hackley - ANYTHING
P.REGENSTREIF - ANYTHING
P. Petrusic - ANYTHING
John Moss - ANYTHING related to auto pistol and/or 7.9 Mauser-lots of other calibers as well
George Kass - rimfires
Lew Curtis - 9mm luger
L. Stoica - Romanian ammo - weapons
Chris Punnet - 30-06 , 450 revolver
Lisa Zumstein - ammo boxes
Christian Knoll - Soviet/Rusian big bore
Russ Cornell - 7.62x39 , x54R , Japanese
Pepper Burruss - LTL , Special Purpose cartridges , flechettes -FOOTBALL
Vic Engel - Floberts , rimfires , Gatling
Rbt. Hawkinson - World artillery
Jerry Janik - mortars and ammo
Francis Warin - weapon design and AERES development
Bruce Bydal - primers and chemicals
Troy Livingston - rimfire manufacturing charateristics
Paul Klatt - ANYTHING U.S. - EARLY
Dean Thomas - ANYTHNG U.S. - EARLY
Bruce Koffler - explosive devices
Dan Dietz - US modern experimental
Wm. Vanderpool - US modern experimental
J. Sutphin - flechettes , modern experimental
Otto Witt - modern pistol , headstamps
Rbt. Gaynor - flares
Rbt. Leiendecker - ANYTHING military
Jeff Osborne - explosive ordnance
Keith Pagel - .50BMG
Andrew Duguid - US military
J-B Anderhub - German ammo
George Hoyem - Ammunition history
Wm. Adye-White - Anything old - British , Canadian
Tony Williams - rapid fire weapons
Dr. Windisch - German ammo
John Scott - general collecting
Dick Broders - artillery
Jason Abels - Lemurs , Tigers , torpedoes
Several others would not want to be named as they are not public persons who participate in such ways.

A couple of these fellows have passed away. Anything I post is free game for the use of others.

Excellent info! Sucks what happened to the old forum.

Jason

My personal thanks to each of these named individuals, as I have learned lots from them. And if I were ever “pressed” for information, and it was on one of my “good” mornings–when I seem to be able to remember breakfast by noon, I could site specific examples for each of the names listed.

However, as stated, it should be expanded, as there are many other names that should also be included, and I will try to add more if that “good” morning ever comes around. For the moment:

Astrid Valati (DocAV) anything movie related, anything Australian, anything that was ever shipped to Australia, etc. etc.

Ron Fuchs anything 5.56X45 anything Cal.50 or 12.7 X 99

Taber

Good ones !

Great ones!

Federico Graziano (Fede) curator of the Collectors of Arms and Ammunitions Argentine Association reference collection, ANYTHING… amazing that such knowledge were in such young brain.

With-out a doubt one of the most knowledgeable ammunition experts on every subject matter and speciality! Fede is incredible! I’ve never stumped him with a question, ever.

Jason

I second that!!!

Add Tony Edwards for all British Military and combat drinking.

Buster

[quote=“Buster”]Add Tony Edwards for all British Military and combat drinking.
[/quote]
Seconded - I don’t know anyone who knows more about British small arms ammunition in particular.

[quote=“APFSDS”]With-out a doubt one of the most knowledgeable ammunition experts on every subject matter and speciality! Fede is incredible! I’ve never stumped him with a question, ever.

Jason[/quote]

Here is a question which he might be challenged by

What does the 13mm Japanese AT rifle gun and ammo look like ?