Ammunition Art

A local artist decided to make some eagle sculptures using fired cartridge cases. He has done them in several sizes, as shown in the photo, which I estimate to be about 14 inches wide, 20 inches and 30 inches. Cases used are many different calibers, .50 BMG down to .22 rimfires, and he selects ones with some age patina and bright clean cases and some nickeled cases for the desired colors.

He took them to a gun show to get a feel for interest, and I don’t think he has firm prices established yet, but as I recall he mentioned something like $450 for a small one and $1,500 and $5,000 for larger ones with the largest one not for sale.

Anyway, after seeing some cute little toy type tings made from cartridges or “trench art” I though this was a much higher level of artistry and worth sharing here.

Will add photo when I figure out how. Would appreciate a clue on how to do this!

0 Likes

30 cal Duplex elongated neck blank?
EPPS 450 Martini Henry Cartridge
Omnishock Bullets
ID help needed
Help identifying this 155mm round
Just joined up
Geco 9mm Ammo
Need some help with a couple U.M.C.Co shot shells loaded 24 and 28

John S.

A) If you want to edit your own post by adding a picture click on the edit pencil icon (at the bottom of YOUR post), see purple arrow shown in the picture below. Then got to step C:

B) Or if you want to reply to some other post, open the reply box by clicking on the blue reply button, see purple arrow shown in the picture below. Then go to step C:

C) Next place your curser on the “arrow above a line” icon at the top of the edit or reply box and click, see the purple arrow shown in the picture below:

Next put the curser on the “Browse” button (see the purple arrow shown in pic below) and left click, you can now choose the picture(s) you want that are stored on your computer. Then click on the blue “Upload” button (bottom left, shown in picture below) to load your picture to the reply / dialog box:

Your picture is now loaded on the forum.

Brian

0 Likes

Another simple way to add a pictures is to type in what you want to say…

Then move the curser to where you want your picture; lets say, (see “Here” below) then open “File Explorer” as it is now called in Windows 10. browse to the folder you have your image in, right click and hold, then drag and drop to where the curser was left. You will note that is says “move” it actually will only copy the file (picture) to where the curser is you will NOT loose your file (picture).

You can do exactly the same thing by leaving the file on your desk top slightly minimise your window (so you can see the file (icon) on your desk top and drag and drop it to where the curser was).
So assuming I wanted to add the picture of a tin of anvils as the example.

Here:-

0 Likes

Boxes of 7,62 NATO, .9 mm Kurz and 7,65 bullets
Old Savage ammo box questions

Brian?
Thank you for you kind reply I will do what I can to send those pics
Sherryl

0 Likes

Enfield Musket.410 Ball Cartridge,POF 1960 powder question