An odd news story out of Las Vegas

I came across this article from KNTV Las Vegas and found their degree of alarmism stupefying, albeit not unexpected. It’s about a guy who ordered 500rds of ammo online, and who was horrified when after receiving a delivery notification, that it was not at his home, and was seemingly delivered to a wrong address. With all the panic of a parent with a missing child he carried on as if the ammo were plutonium and the news outlet seems to agree. Of course Fedex ended up delivering it 5 hours later and it was nothing. Do people realize how much medicine is shipped through the mail / Fedex / UPS that is infinitely more dangerous than ammo?! Ammo is harmless and useless without a gun. “What if a child or felon got the ammo” he says… Well, a child wouldn’t have a gun, and if a felon did, then he is breaking the law, and he would certainly already have ammo for it. I actually received around 5lbs of Kratom painkiller pills in a shipment by accident once. INFINITELY more dangerous than ammo, as most any medication would be, but I just gave it to my neighbor where it belonged. Just bizarre, but fits right into the anti-gun media narrative that “guns/ammo is dangerous radioactive stuff”.

Peddlers of fear are doing a booming business nowadays.

2 Likes

Unfortunately - this fits right in with the whole pussification of the USA, fed by the main stream media and fanned by the liberal left. Somewhat related - did you see NASCAR is now refusing gun advertisements/endorsements? Yes, it is true… the most red-neck of American “sporting” events has for the first time ever refused paid advertisements / sponsorships from manufactures of semiauto firearms, especially MSRs.

1 Like

Reminds me of this joke:

God was missing for six days. Eventually, Michael, the archangel, found him, resting on the seventh.

He inquired, — “Where have you been?”

God smiled deeply and proudly pointed downwards through the clouds,---- “Look, Michael. Look what I’ve made.”

Archangel Michael looked puzzled, and said, ---- “What is it?”

“It’s a planet,” — replied God, — and I’ve put life on it. I’m going to call it Earth and it’s going to be a place to test ‘Balance.’"

“Balance?” — inquired Michael, ---- “I’m still confused.”

God explained, pointing to different parts of Earth…

“For example, northern Europe will be a place of great opportunity and wealth, while southern Europe is going to be poor… Over here I’ve placed a continent of white people, and over there is a continent of black people Balance in all things…”

God continued pointing to different countries… “This one will be extremely hot, while this one will be very cold and covered in ice.”

The Archangel, impressed by God’s work, then pointed to a land area and said, “What’s that one?”

"That’s Florida, the most glorious place on earth. There are beautiful trees and gardens, it’s surrounded by water, and days filled with sunshine The people from Florida are going to be handsome, modest, intelligent, and humorous, and they are going to travel the world.

They will be extremely sociable, hardworking, high achieving, carriers of peace, and producers of good things."

Michael gasped in wonder and admiration, but then asked, “But what about balance, God? You said there would be ‘balance.’”

God smiled an all-knowing smile… “I will create California…Wait till you see the idiots I’ll put there.”

2 Likes

I can now visualize John Moss, sitting down to breakfast, logging onto the IAA, wondering whether to laugh, or cry, or be insulted…

None of the above. California is not funny to me (no dig at Chickenthief), but rather tragic, especially since it is leading other states down the path of leftist idiocy. The truth never insults me. Cry? Well, not for me. For my grandchildren that will continue their lives, after most of us are gone, in a country unrecognizable to people who cherish the Constitution and revere the ideals established by the founding fathers. We were not perfect then, with the abomination of slavery soiling a new nation of otherwise great intentions. We have not always be perfect, incarcerating a segment of the population that to this day, aside from their feats of loyalty and courage, represent perhaps the finest ideals of what America was meant to be, the Japanese-American population. Now, we are descending into the horror of a bitterly divided country, by the plan of those in complete power in my state, and accumulating more and more influence throughout the nation.

JLM

3 Likes

I have to wonder if this is a planted story from the leftists in order to encite panic…?

The original story or the crack about LA? :)