Another One to Identify

I have no idea what this one is. It is marked in the .50 cal section, but I can’t find any details and am unable to dig it out at this time.

Doubt it’s a bullet. Being threaded, I’m going with a tool of some kind. Part of a machinery set up tool? Part of a headspacing gauge?

Whatever it screws into, doing it hand tight or finger tight doesn’t work. The hole thru it is for inserting a dowel rod of some kind to either break it free for removal or give it the final torque down.

Looks much like a heavy duty soldering tip, interchangeablw for type of metal being soldered/silversoldered.

1 Like

To me it looks like a field point for an arrow.
The threaded part looks too big though.

There are arrow heads that have a hole in them to make a whistle as they fly.

Also there could be accessories of some kind that fit in the hole.

Good thing I didn’t pay any money for this!

I would say fish arrow tip without the barb

1 Like

I believe you have the correct ID. Fish arrow tip.

I am going to have to disagree on an arrow tip of any type.

IHMSA80x80, what is the diameter of the threaded portion?

Normally with the screw-in arrow heads the shank is .20" diameter, and strpped down, the threaded portion is .160" diameter. This head is .327" diameter, and must match the diameter of the arrow shaft, and generally look like this. This is one of my arrors with a field tip for my compound bow, but the arrow shafts for a recurve bow are the same otside diameter.

If anyone has a screw-in arrow head that is larger in diameter I am unaware of it, please post specs.

what your showing is an insert for aluminum or carbon arrows, with a standard field tip. the fish arrows are typically solid fiberglass, so the points are outserts (fit over the shaft) and tips have larger, courser threads.
IMG_1239 IMG_1240

Actually, the majourity of fishing arrow heads used these days screw in like the field, small game, and hunting tips, (similar to the one I showed).

Everyone I know who bow fishes use those, not the type that have to be glued on the outside of the shaft.

The thread in heads are easier to replace if damaged, and you do not need specail shafts, or hot glue/epoxy.

I would still like to know the actual dimensions of the “whatever” that IHMSA80x80 has…