Anti-Vampire .577-.450 Martini Henry

In my research on the whole zombie ammo phenomenon for my SLICS table display I have run into a bit of vampire lore as an aside as it relates to the notion of zombie ammo. One interesting encounter just recently was this novelty prop pack of anti-vampire Martini Henry cartridges. There are no real cartridges in the case unfortunately, but I may add some to give the proper weight to it:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/320861345966?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Interesting. They must have been made by someone with a knowledge of British packets.

Not quite, they left out the “Cal. .450” from the designation…grave mistake.

Nice one anyway; and your local silversmith should be able to cast some silver bullets to fit to some proper MH cases to kae up the dummies.

Regards,
Doc AV

MH ball rifle ammo of this period did not have the .450" calibre designation on the wrapper label.
The coffin shaped type symbol is a nice touch.

I thought silver only worked on Werewolves…

I think these are pretty cool, but hardly worth that kind of asking price, especially if they were just turned out on a printer.
I looked hard for copyright marks, and don’t see any. If a guy was to set up for something like this, what are the proper dimension of of the paper? How about for a packet of Webley cartridges, were they wrapped like this or boxed?

Thanks-Curt

That is the general convention. In the old original folklore however, silver was useful against a wide range of supernatural vermin, including vampires. The accepted rule appears to be that silver is an extreme irritant to vampires in the same way that garlic and holy water is, so that if you pump them full of such bullets then you’d probably incapacitate them for a little while.

I had to suffer through all this official-sounding reference material when I did the anti-vampire ammo appendix in my recent zombie-ammo book.

You would have to consider the term “silver bullets” in the modern lexicon used to denote (usually) anti cancer drugs targetted at destroying malignant cells while leaving healty ones alone.

A term that has now crossed over and entered the vocabuary in an entirely different context.

That is the general convention. In the old original folklore however, silver was useful against a wide range of supernatural vermin, including vampires. The accepted rule appears to be that silver is an extreme irritant to vampires in the same way that garlic and holy water is, so that if you pump them full of such bullets then you’d probably incapacitate them for a little while.

I had to suffer through all this official-sounding reference material when I did the anti-vampire ammo appendix in my recent zombie-ammo book.[/quote]

Actually sounds like fun!

Steve