Any information on this pinfire cartridge scale/gauge?

It says: “A Paris Calibre Verifie Brevte S.G.D.G” and has a ‘MF’, a wheel, and a “MF” in reverse.

There is a slotted scale along the top edge that measures the diameter of the pin (scale runs from 1-10 and 1-24 with each slot varying in width.)

On the surface of each side there are circular indentions in varying sizes (1-8, and 9-21 on the opposite side).

Any more info on this? and would you imagine it is for cartridges not shot shells?

Sorry, but I don’t believe there is any relation between this gauge and pinfire cartridges. It might be a gauge to control the thickness of metal sheets and tubes diameters
H.A.N.D
phil

[quote=“phil12”]Sorry, but I don’t believe there is any relation between this gauge and pinfire cartridges. It might be a gauge to control the thickness of metal sheets and tubes diameters
H.A.N.D
phil[/quote]
Though I would really really really like you to be wrong, I think you may be right as to this having nothing to do with pinfires. I am glad I didn’t buy it.

After doing a little more research, I have a feeling it may be a gauge for the french catheter scale which was a medical measuring tool. on the sides I suspect may be the “needle-gauge size scale” and one for the “Stubs Iron Wire Gauge system” perhaps?

French Catheter scale.

Now also perhaps this is indeed for pinfires and they were measuring them with this system which was common back then? Any more insight from anyone?

Anymore insight from anyone? well

I would’nt touch it with a ten foot catheter or Pinfire gauge.
that’s all I got on it.