Anyone Know the maker of this cartridge. A P

The headstamp reads P at 10 o’ clock 60 for the date 1960 at 12 o’clock, A at 2 o’;clock. Caliber (32 ACP) at 6 o’clock. Adding description as having problems with Photobucket lately.

The cartridge is probably made of Showa Kinzoku Japan,
P A = Police Agency, 60 are prodktions years

Does the “60” refer to the Western Calendar year (1960) or to the Showa Era date ( 1925+60 = 1985). The Japanese still maintained the (Hirohito) Imperial Dating system after WW II on a lot of “official” markings and documents…and Emperor Hirohito was still alive in 1985, so his “Showa Era” was still valid.
When he died,(1989) his son, Akihito, became Emperor, and a New Imperial Era began ( Heika Period).

Just an Idea.

Doc AV
AV Ballistics.

Doc - it must be the Western calender, although often Post-War Japanese ammunition has a “W” in front of Western-calender dates shown on headstamps. I had my specimen of this headstamp before 1985. It goes back to the days when what is now the SLICS was in Mundalein, Illinois, even before the Oakbrook/Chicago days. I don’t know when they moved the show to Oakbrook, but it was before 1985, I am sure. I just decided to do a little quick research - I found that I first reported this headstamp in the July-August 1983 edition, Issue 317, of the “International Cartridge Collector” on Page 18. The article, by later standards including my own in a later, more complete article, is poor for its lack of information. But, it absolutely proves the “60” date cannot be a Showa year. There is a drawing of the headstamp, which in my copy of the Bulletin, printed poorly, but I still have this cartridge and it is a “60” date, despite looking like “00” in my copy.

These cartridges all came originally from Bob Leiendecker, who accompanied a Presidential visit to Japan as an explosives (EOD) expert, and was given the opportunity to get specimens of many post-war Japanese cartridges.

The current period is known as Heisei