Anyone Recognize This 120mm Tank Dummy

Does anyone recognize this 120mm Dummy, these, US Tankers, are holding? Most of the, US Tank Dummy rounds that I have seen over the years were, Durable Dummies, made out of weighted resins, capable of withstanding years of ruff abuse and use. This one is very unusual to me.

Jason

1 Like

Hi Jason, it’s a dummy variant of the XM1147 AMP round. Regards, Fede.

4 Likes

Your the best, Fede!

The diversity of your ammunition knowledge is truly, EPIC! Grateful for your help. Surprised my the manufacturing design of these dummies. Not the typical, US, style of using resin. Too Cool!

Thanks Big Time!

Jason

AMP Concept

2 Likes

Alex, the first picture would be an M830A1 MPAT, no?

XM1147 = AMP.

I would wager that picture is used in an article covering the AMP, since the AMP is supposed to replace the M830A1 MPAT along with the M830, M908, and M1028.

To my knowledge the AMP is intended as a fullbore round with folding fins. M830A1 is as we know saboted with fixed fins.

Ole

1 Like

Ole, I wondered too for a short moment but did not dive deep enough. Means never trust info in the web!

I removed my garbage not to misslead other readers!

Thank you for pointing it out!

1 Like

No worries Alex, the amount of American XM types and their sometimes confusing connection to “marketing” names or designation names/abbreviations is not easy to follow. I did a double take myself too.

Ole

After all this makes ammo interesting!

1 Like

Seeing that this is a fairly newly adopted round, may explain the design of this dummy round for it, not being typical construction for, US tank Dummies? Pretty cool how it is replacing 4 other 120 rounds.

Jason