Anyone wanna carpool with me to SLICS from NE Ohio?

Here is what we will be riding in…

How much is it going to cost in gas to get there in that?

Roughly 544 miles (about 870 KM) and guessing 16mpg highway (don’t ask for a l/k conversion) and $2.60/gal would be 34gal and $88 each way.

I’m traveling about the same distance, in a Ford Five Hundred (AKA Taurus) with 3 “full size” adults and cartridges for a 4th, and my round trip fuel bill will be in the $120 range (car gets about 26mpg highway with the crap 10% ethanol gas we have)

Roughly 544 miles (about 870 KM) and guessing 16mpg highway (don’t ask for a l/k conversion) and $2.60/gal would be 34gal and $88 each way.

I’m traveling about the same distance, in a Ford Five Hundred (AKA Taurus) with 3 “full size” adults and cartridges for a 4th, and my round trip fuel bill will be in the $120 range (car gets about 26mpg highway with the crap 10% ethanol gas we have)[/quote]

I wish! try closer to 10mpg bringing it to a round trip total of close to $300!

Where were you when I still lived in Ohio ? That is a nice ride. Even an old fellow like I could not pass that up. Do you want to pick me up in DC ?

I’d love to if I did not stopover in Columbus on the way to St.Lou. I’ll be looking for a white Hummer with battle packs on the roof.

My wife’s Saab gets 30mpg on the highway, and so the 2860 miles grand total for the round trip from Bangor, ME. to SLICS should cost me $265 if gas holds around the low $2.80’s. It ends up being $200 less than the cheapest flight I can get, and I avoid the problems of flying with a big display case, display props, and ammo. Then there’s the added benefits of seeing the countryside, taking a culinary fast-food tour, and being king of the road.

hmm…well, DKConfiguration, I am just over halfway for you, you can spend the night in Canton and we will make a stop in Columbus and pick up sksvlad! =D

Oh and DrSchmittCSAEOD will have to leave early in the morning from D.C. to ride too!

ah, what the heck, I’ll throw the 3rd row-seat back in and Tailgunner can bring his 3 too!

Thanks but just musing. I don’t go to shows any more. I have been trying to get rid of my collection for 20 years and am still deep in it. The only show which I go to from time to time is the Ohio show. I have family and friends all over NE Ohio and take the opportunity to take in the show if the weather suits.

Since you are in Canton please keep an eye open for some of the sectioned fuzes and other super rare shells which were stolen from my storage bay in your area last January. See the article in the Journal last Spring.

Several hundred items were stolen. About 50 were recovered from local auctions and gun shows since.

This is a SERIOUS collector ! What a drive.

For those still thinking of going to SLICS, I just booked myself at The Renaissance for $102/day. Trust me, it is not that bad considering area pricing now. Just do reservation on the phone (not web) and mention “a cartridge show”, that drops the price from $160/day to $102/day.