ANZAC Day 2015

Happy ANZAC Day to our friends on the bottom of the world. Celebrate proudly.

Ray

G-Day Mate,

Thanks, not really a day to be happy, just remembrance for those who have fallen!

We wouldn’t be here if it weren’t for them.

By the way I think you have your map upside down!

Lest We Forget.

Regards Ozzi.

[quote=“ozziammo”]… Just remembrance for those who have fallen!

We wouldn’t be here if it weren’t for them.

Regards Ozzi.[/quote]

Let us also remember the brave solders from Canada’s Royal Newfoundland Regiment
-Dave

Yes, Thank you RimPin.

Regards Peter.

Thanks for the mention Ray.

While we Aussies and Kiwis revere this day, we also remember we were only a part of the action, being accompied by British, Irish, Canadian, French , Maltese and probably other nationalities.

For us, the heroism, or madness, of the Aussie and Kiwi troops was a matter of national pride. Apart from Gallipoli, in WW!, from the Australian population, some 38.7% of the male population aged between 18 and 44, volunteered to serve. We had the highest casualty rate of any country with 64.8% of those either killed or wounded, and 63 were awarded the Victoria Cross for valour.

While the main aim of Anzac Day is to honour the fallen, it also has the effect of fostering a togetherness in our very multicultural society. A strange effect has been the mutual friendship and respect shown by and to, the Turkish soldiers.

I, for one, am really thrilled to see the younger generation start to understand that they live in a great country, because of the sacrifices of all our troops wherever they have fought. Makes me very proud to be an Aussie.

Cheers

John