Argentina bought “S” bullets since 1904 but these were not widely used until the adoption of the Mauser 1909 and ulterior conversion of Mauser 1891 and Maxim machine guns. These APG 1902 cases can be found with both M91 a “S” bullets but it is assumed that the last ones were loaded on a later date.
The DM-K machinery was bought in 1892 but the first Argentine rounds were made on July 1895 and production lasted until 1897 (headstamps AG 95, 96 and 97). The first equipment for the manufacture of smokeless powder wad delivered by Fried. Krupp Grusonwerk AG Magdeburg on May 1896.
Including Fábrica Militar Fray Luis Beltrán, other plants still existing are Fábrica Militar Azul (powders and explosives; established 1953), Fábrica Militar Villa María (powder and explosives; established 1937) and Fábrica Militar Río Tercero (artillery ammunition; established 1936). The long list of closed plants of the DGFM structure includes Fábrica Militar San Martín (optics, comunications, components for combat vehicles and train wagons), Fábrica Militar de Armas Portátiles Domingo Matheu (small arms), Fábrica Militar San Francisco (small arms ammunition), Fábrica Militar de Vainas y Conductores Eléctricos ECA (brass, cups for ammunition cases and electric conductors), Fábrica Militar de Tolueno Sintético (TNT), Fábrica Militar de Ácido Sulfúrico (sulphuric acid), Fábrica Militar de Materiales Pirotécnicos (flares and signals) and Fábrica Militar José de la Quintana (powders).