Approximate value of box for THV .45 rounds?

Could you guys be kind enough to let me know what you feel the value of a pristine condition box for .45 THV rounds would be?

Thanks!

Rich

Values are very subjective on things like this box since it is a bit rare. If you put it up for auction and it had lots of exposure you might find find that 2 or 3 people would “have to have it” and bid up beyond its reasonable value, but you never know. I would put the value of each cartridge at $15.00 or $20.00 if they were being sold individually, and so the box total value is probably around $300.00 to $400.00 (or a little more?). The weird thing is that you sometimes see a box like this being sold for $100 to $200 or something like that, which still sounds high to some people who might not be familiar with them, but that’s a bargain. I like the box for being a non-typical THV box though, it’s just a factory SFM box that’s had a THV stamp put on it, which I haven’t seen before.

Thanks for posting it.

Are those two boxes different boxes, or is one picture very distorted? They are completely different shapes. I know the square box is right, as received pictures of it before, including open showing a 25-round capacity. The top box appears to be an old Gevelot 50-round box pasted up for SFM THV rounds.

Rich, please let us know. It does not appear that they both could be of the same box.

[quote=“JohnMoss”]Are those two boxes different boxes, or is one picture very distorted? They are completely different shapes. I know the square box is right, as received pictures of it before, including open showing a 25-round capacity. The top box appears to be an old Gevelot 50-round box pasted up for SFM THV rounds.

Rich, please let us know. It does not appear that they both could be of the same box.[/quote]

John, the first photo is the side of the box and the second photo is the top of the box (right side of the box you can see the thumb cut-out for ease of opening).

The photos are of the same box. I simply wanted to show different sides.

Rich

Rich - Thanks - I can see that now. It was the scale of the two boxes
that threw me off - what we jokingly call an “optical conclusion.”