Arabic hstp

I am still working on translation of this writting
This one must be easier to decrypt because more modern.

Has anybody some idea ?
Thanks
JP

Who is "they?"
Please edit your post… or I will. I do not want wording that can be construed as inflammatory on this forum. We’ve been “flare-up” free for some time.

Chris.

Chris–I agree with your comments. I edited the post for JP to remove the poor choice of words.

People, let’s keep the politics and religion off the Forum.

I read it as “al jaza’as”. But I am a little uncertain about that last letter, nor do I have any idea what it means.

I’ve had it translated as Algeria. Would that make any sense ?

Sorry, no!
Algeria is al jaza’ir. The HAMZA (ﺀ) would be placed below, not above the second last letter then. But as I said, I won’t swear the last is letter SEEN (ﺲ).

Sorry, no!
Algeria is al jaza’ir. The HAMZA (ﺀ) would be placed below, not above the second last letter then. But as I said, I won’t swear the last is letter SEEN (ﺲ).[/quote]

The person who translated the word said he thought it was “Al Jazaar” which is Algeria.
As this arabic word is a headstamp is it possible for the writing to be stylized ?

I have no reason to doubt his translation or yours :-)

I showed it to an Arabic speaking friend, he said (with no hesitation) Algeria.

Armourer and Hendere,

you are so right! There is not a lot of reason to use the once learnt, so things got mixed up and what I wrote about the HAMZA is quite the opposite from what it really is, please excuse!

Al Jaza’ar, stands for the country of Algeria as well as for the capitol Algiers. Both have the same Arab name.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Algiers

Yes it is an hstp for Algeria.
Thanks to all of you
JP

And does it mean this one please ?
JP

Republic of Iraq ??? (I’m not so sure with this one)

Republic of Iraq according to same source.

Thanks to all
JP