Argentine Waffen Brand Ammunition

Leon,

Between 1987 and 2002 the Waffen brand was owned by Waffen S.R.L., a bullet manufacturer and reloader. They only offered reloaded ammunition and in the early 2000’s they proposed a primer marking identification system to be assigned by the RENAR (local ATF) to every legally registered commercial reloader. Check this thread for more information: iaaforum.org/forum3/viewtopi … =8&t=16424

Then, in 2002 they sold their brand, equipment and stock to Full Metal S.A., one of the biggest importers of firearms and ammunition. The “Waffen” trademark was applied on January 29, 2003.

This brand was and still is used for reloaded ammunition only, and any case available is selected for this purpose. Since several years ago, the primer marking is no longer present, but I don’t know the reason.

Below you can see an example of the Waffen box by Waffen (.45 Auto 230 gr FMJ), followed by a Waffen box by Full Metal (9 mm 124 gr Blue “Teflon”).

Regards,

Fede

Ad from August 1994:
5645656_zpsebaecyb0.jpg~original

Ad from June 2006 (Stopping Power primers are made in Russia by Murom):

Interesting use of the Fraktur typeset.
The W is not a fraktur letter imho. The designer has been very artistic I think.
Soren

Thanks for sharing :)

Fede, thank youfor posting that information. Another mystery solved (at least for me).