Article on 7,62x54R cartridges

A friend with whom I share a different collecting interest passed a link to an article in Italian on the 7,62x54R cartridge. If Latin was beyond me at school, how much more so is Italian now! At least the pictures don’t require translation.

exordinanza.net/schede/762x54r.htm

Happy collecting.

Peter

Peter, an interesting document indeed, and I cannot read it either. Did you notice that the five round-nosed rounds in the Model 1891 charger had spent some time in a fabric Maxim belt before being loaded into the charger?

gravelbelly

[quote=“gravelbelly”]Did you notice that the five round-nosed rounds in the Model 1891 charger had spent some time in a fabric Maxim belt before being loaded into the charger?

gravelbelly[/quote]

Of course - the tracks of fabric belt are clearly seen on the cartridge surface. Interesting, where they found such old cartridges loaded in belt?

I have this translated into English if anybody would like it, please send me a message.

Thanks
Richard.

jAnyone can just use their toolbar and translate this article into English. I am the poorest hand with a computer on this whole Forum, and I had no trouble having it translate to English, and printed it out in English.

The author of the article, Alberto De Carli, ask me to place his answer at this topic:

"I saw the topic of the IAAFORUM and I’m glad that some people like it.

I’ll translate it in english in the next future and it will be pubblished on the same web site.

I found the very early RN 1891 ammunitions at a gun show, maybe 3 or 4 years ago. These ammos were in a box with other cartridges and were not loaded in a maxim belt. But these cartridges surelly were loaded in the belt for a long time.
I put them in the Izvhesk clip.

My warmest regards,

Alberto De Carli, Italy."

[quote=“treshkin”]The author of the article, Alberto De Carli, ask me to place his answer at this topic:

"I saw the topic of the IAAFORUM and I’m glad that some people like it.

I’ll translate it in english in the next future and it will be pubblished on the same web site.

My warmest regards,

Alberto De Carli, Italy."[/quote]

I just worked through the article translating blocks of text 1 at a time, I hope the author does not mind me doing this it was the only way I could read and enjoy the article

many thanks
Richard.