Atomic Bomb Simulator

Do you want to give your wife a surprise? Here is the new atomic bomb simulator! Plant it in your garden, sit back, and enjoy the show…

I found this in a Dynamit Nobel catalog from 1967 that is full of unusual items. This simulator was made by Depyfag.

Regards,

Fede

Fede:

WHAT A COOL ITEM - PUT ME DOWN FOR AT LEAST A DOZEN! I DO FEAR THAT SETTING ONE OF THESE OFF IN YOUR WIFE’S GARDEN, OR ANYWHERE ELSE, WOULD ALSO BRING AN UNWANTED RESPONSE FROM THE FIRE DEPARTMENT, POLICE, AND OTHER INDIVIDUALS YOU WOULD RATHER NOT HAVE TO DEAL WITH. YOU JUST CAN’T HAVE ANY FUN LIKE IN THE GOOD OLD DAYS.

Fede,

Very interesting. Thank you for posting that.

The U.S. had the “Simulator, Atomic Explosion: M142” which was a 200 lb. kit that came in a handy 55 gal. drum. There was a picture from a SLICS show posted here a while back that showed the marked lid from the drum. Somewhere I have the specs for the component weights, etc.

Guaranteed to be a hit at any back yard party!

Dave

George and Dave, I’m glad you like it.

Here is the French version made by Ruggieri which appears to be loaded with confetti.

Regards,

Fede

And a swedish version:

They are pretty neat! We used them in NBC training years ago for the “Prepare for Friendly Nuclear Strike” scenario. You got a WARNO and then worked like mad to prepare your position and troops. The mushroom cloud was very impressive. All the fun and none of the radiation or fallout.

Pat

We shall not forget our Russian friends with their 117 kg “IU-59” simulator which is launched from a reusable launcher:

The 117 kg charge itself:

Mathias and Alex, nice ones, thanks!

A couple more:

Yugoslavian INE M78:

German DM25 by Comet:

Fede, great find as usual!

I don’t know where you come up with the items you do, but they are ALL VERY INTERESTING INDEED!

Thanks for posting as always, and I wouldn’t mind one for myself (but a dozen would be more fun than one). ;-)

-Dave