Austrian 11x58R Werndl

Municion.org says that it is made by Cornides & Co. located in St. Viet. Where is St. Viet in Austria?

FHB logo on M77 Werndl

The Cornides factory was located at St. Viet An Der Triesting which is located about 20 miles Southwest of Vienna between the towns of Berndorf and Hirtenberg.

I think it should be St. Veit instead of St. Viet.

jasve

St. Veit is known to English-speaking people as Saint Vitus, he of dance fame. Jack

I have had for years a 11x58R Werndl cartridge with what I thought was a FAB monogrammed headstamp. The only thing I could find out about was that it came from an unidentified Austro-Hungarian manufacture. After seeing this thread I thought I would check in Municion.org and see if something has been found over the past few years about this headstamp. It is listed there but the monogram is listed as BMF for Berndorfer Metallwarenfabrik Arthur Krupp A.G., Berndorf, Niederdonau, Austria.

Is this correct? If it is I will change my records.

I just looked in Josef Mötz’s “ÖSTERREICHISCHE
MILITÄRPATRONEN” and he also lists that monogram as BMF for Berndorfer Metallwarenfabrik Arthur Krupp A.G., Berndorf, Niederdonau, Austria.

So, MUNICION.org is correct and I now know who made the cartridge.

Phil, is there any significance in your cartridge having a single diagonal line and mine having two lines?

Sksvlad - Until you mentioned it I had never noticed that! No, I have no idea of what the difference signifies (if anything).

Let me add a lateral view not to confuse anyone.

This St.Veit must be REAL small

As whole Austria is.

It should be “Werndl”, no “e” at the end.